Sping Heeled Jack in the Cholera Grounds?

Guest peterw

Guest peterw

I have heard about Spring Heeled Jack. Apparently he was seen in the nineteenth century in The Cholera Grounds near Granville Road.

Well, I had played cricket there in about circa 1980.

My friends had left and had gone home.

Suddenly, this large black creature rose from behind a monument and came straight at me, waving its arms about in anger! It was furious! It had a knee lift action and took large strides.

I freaked and ran. I had an head start, thank goodness! I ran out of the grounds, jumping a large drop on the way! I ran like the wind down this road (think it is called South Street).

I looked back and saw this strange creature looking down the hill at me - then it just vanished !

No red eyes on it, but was this Spring Heeled Jack? The great Sheffield spook or alien ?

As anyone out there seen anything wierd around these grounds ?

Oh, me and my sister saw a 'dead' looking women looking out of one of ground floor windows of the nearby flats!

Peter W.

lol

I don't know how many times I have to tell the missus - "don't go out without any clothes on, you'll scare the locals"

lol

Guest peterw

Saw this the other day, but thought it was just a normal sight in that area?

- Thanks - Mystery solved!

Guest peterw

lol

I don't know how many times I have to tell the missus - "don't go out without any clothes on, you'll scare the locals"

lol

- A consideration which i did not consider -