Parkers - Children Homes

30mmavenger

I AM STILL SEARCHING....

Looking for the mother and sister of my Grandfather. Grandpa and his siblings were all born and lived in Fir Vale, Union Workhouses of Sheffield.

WHO I AM SEARCHING FOR....

SEEKING Mother: Mary Ann Parker b. abt 1867, single pauper (where born is not known, but likely Sheffield)

(last admittance of her youngest child into the Homes was in 1903 and she was marked down as Mary Ann BRAMHALL (late PARKER) and prior to that, in 1901, she was marked only as Mary Ann PARKER - so if she married, it would 'seem' she married between between 1901-1903)

possibly she married but no record found that matches up??

SEEKING WHAT BECAME OF HER

WHO I AM SEARCHING FOR....

SEEKING child 1: Eliza Parker b. 26 Nov 1886

(sent to the Girls Friendly Society in Lincoln in 1901, found her in 1911 census as a servant at age 22, single, in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire for the well known Edlington family

child 2: William Henry Parker b. 10 Feb 1890

(sent to the training ship called Southampton in 1901, joined the BEF, married, then immigrated to Canada in 1920 to join his younger brother, Harry)

(died in 1944 from ? at age 54 - married in UK before immigrating and had 6 children)

child 3: Harry Parker b. 24 Nov 1895

(became a Barnardo Boy, emigrated to Canada in 1910, have his Barnardo records but no family info included with those who came from a Union Workhouse)

(Harry went on to join the CEF for both our Great Wars - sadly he died in 1941 from cancer at age 45 - never married, nor had children)

Hopefully someone can provide help in learning what happened to Mary Ann and Eliza??

It would be nice to know if Grandpa was the only one who went on to have children or if we have more relatives from Eliza, and even possibly from Mary Ann.

Thank you to anyone willing to help me...

Dawn

Looking for the mother and sister of my Grandfather. The children were born and lived in Fir Vale, Union Workhouses of Sheffield.

SEEKING Mother: Mary Ann Parker b. abt 1867, single pauper (where born is not known, but likely Sheffield)

(last admittance of her youngest child into the Homes was in 1903 and she was marked down as Mary Ann BRAMHALL (late PARKER) and prior to that, in 1901, she was marked only as Mary Ann PARKER - so if she married, it would 'seem' she married between between 1901-1903)

possibly she married but no record found that matches up??

SEEKING child 1: Eliza Parker b. 26 Nov 1886

(sent to the Girls Friendly Society in Lincoln in 1901, found her in 1911 census as a servant at age 22, single, in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire for the well known Edlington family

child 2: William Henry Parker b. 10 Feb 1890

(sent to the training ship called Southampton in 1901, joined the BEF, married, then immigrated to Canada in 1920 to join his younger brother, Harry)

(died in 1944 from ? at age 54 - married in UK before immigrating and had 6 children)

child 3: Harry Parker b. 24 Nov 1895

(became a Barnardo Boy, emigrated to Canada in 1910, have his Barnardo records but no family info included with those who came from a Union Workhouse)

(Harry went on to join the CEF for both our Great Wars - sadly he died in 1941 from cancer at age 45 - never married, nor had children)

Hopefully someone can provide help in learning what happened to Mary Ann and Eliza??

It would be nice to know if Grandpa was the only one who went on to have children or if we have more relatives from Eliza, and even possibly from Mary Ann.

Thank you to anyone willing to help me...

Dawn

There is an Eliza Parker who married a Harry Finningley, A.M.J. 1923 at Gainsborough Lincs Vol. 7A Page 1955, she went on to have two children, Alfreda F Finningley born Gainsborough OND 1923 and Gerald Finningley born Gainsborough 1930, to verify this you will need to get a copy of the marriage certificate from the UK General Registry Office. Good Hunting!

There is an Eliza Parker who married a Harry Finningley, A.M.J. 1923 at Gainsborough Lincs Vol. 7A Page 1955, she went on to have two children, Alfreda F Finningley born Gainsborough OND 1923 and Gerald Finningley born Gainsborough 1930, to verify this you will need to get a copy of the marriage certificate from the UK General Registry Office. Good Hunting!

Sadly, it cannot be the correct one, as this Eliza was only 19 years old in 1923, according to the certificate.

This Harry Finningley was a 40 year old widower. I have had someone helping, who has gone above and beyond,

but my Eliza has been hard to trace after the 1911 census showing her as a domestic at age 22.

My Eliza was born 1886 in Sheffield and sent to the Girls Friendly Society in Lincoln in 1901 when she was 14.

Thanks for trying though. If you have other ideas, I'd be happy to hear them!