Images Of Sheffield Blitz

Guest SheffieldArchives

Guest SheffieldArchives

Hi

I've just uploaded some images of the Sheffield Blitz on Flickr:

Sheffield Blitz

Some from the Local Studies Library (including Picture Sheffield) and some from Sheffield Archives. Hope you find them interesting :rolleyes:

Best wishes,

Cheryl, Sheffield Archives

Hi

I've just uploaded some images of the Sheffield Blitz on Flickr:

Sheffield Blitz

Some from the Local Studies Library (including Picture Sheffield) and some from Sheffield Archives. Hope you find them interesting :rolleyes:

Best wishes,

Thanks Cheryl, always a fascinating subject! A shame the bottom of the Moor has gone back to 1940!

Guest SheffieldArchives

The Moor does look a little bomb damaged at the moment! Looking forward to it being full of shops again lol

In addition to the images I've uploaded onto Flickr, it's worth pointing out that we're putting on a huge display in the Central Library in December 2010 to mark the 70th anniversary of the Blitz in Sheffield. This will include photographs and many unseen 'classified' archive documents dating back to the 1940s. We will also have a programme of events running throughout December where people can come and look at original documents and chat with our Conservators/Archivists to find out the best way of looking after our parents/grandparents precious WW2 documents at home.

More info as I have it!

If there is anything we can scan I know a man that has two scanners formerly mine, now belonging to SheffieldHistory; one A4 document feed; one oversized A3 (handy for maps) - that'll be a desciption of the scanners, not Stuart