126 Staniforth Road

Guest TCV

One of my ancestors The Bills had a shop at 126 Staniforth Road, Darnall from 1901. I'd love to see a photo of the shop if possible. I've tried PictureSheffield plenty on Staniforth Rd but not No 126. Anyone got any suggestions on what I could try? It'd be great to find out as much info as possible. In fact there's another shop in the family too from the same date, 72 Parkwood Road.

One of my ancestors The Bills had a shop at 126 Staniforth Road, Darnall from 1901. I'd love to see a photo of the shop if possible. I've tried PictureSheffield plenty on Staniforth Rd but not No 126. Anyone got any suggestions on what I could try? It'd be great to find out as much info as possible. In fact there's another shop in the family too from the same date, 72 Parkwood Road.

I can't find any photos either. Would suggest finding out as much as possible about the other occupants of those addresses over the years in the hope that one will lead to a possible photo.

Mrs Ann Bills, Shopkeeper, 126 Staniforth Road, Attercliffe (White's Directories of 1911 and 1919)

Not listed in 1957.

(Nothing found for 72 Parkwood Road.)

72 Parkwood Road.

From SheffieldForum, user called Blade73

"So Humphrey your great grandad is my Great grandmother's (Frances) elder brother!

When Mary Ann Searle/Thompson died in 1927 my Great Grandmother took over the sweet shop it was at 72 Parkwood Road, my Grandad Roy Smith was born there in 1932.

You anymore info or photos mate? I've sent you a PM.

Cheers"

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=459098

I can't find any photos either. Would suggest finding out as much as possible about the other occupants of those addresses over the years in the hope that one will lead to a possible photo.

Mrs Ann Bills, Shopkeeper, 126 Staniforth Road, Attercliffe (White's Directories of 1911 and 1919)

Not listed in 1957.

(Nothing found for 72 Parkwood Road.)

126 Staniforth Road stood on the corner of Westbury Street,

can't say as I have seen any photos of that part of Staniforth Road.

Link to 1950's OS map #65

Flash Earth

Not listed in 1957.

In 1965

Mrs. Amy Gillvray, beer retailer (sounds like it was a beer-off)? 126 Staniforth Road.

Also,

at number 124 Staniforth Road, Gillvray for Service, television sales, servicing and installations.

I did put a photo on here (not a very clear one) with trams running along Neepsend Lane, with Parkwood Road in the background, it looks like 72 would be on the right hand side and probably the last property.

I did put a photo on here (not a very clear one) with trams running along Neepsend Lane, with Parkwood Road in the background, it looks like 72 would be on the right hand side and probably the last property.

Looked for that photo to link it but I can't find it.

Can 72, Parkwood Rd be seen on here by any chance? Just a thought

Neepsend tram video