Hi Gentlemen

Guest Aldebaran

Guest Aldebaran

Gentlemen,

I'm an Italian boy, my name is Andrea.Sorry, i don't speak English very well.

Since the first time that i visited England, i'm fascinated;besides, i'm very expert about the technical aspects and history of straight razors and their sharpening and honing.

So, i know very well the history of Sheffield straight razor (Wade&Butcher,Wostenholm,Rodgers,etc)and of their manufacteres.I'm very happy because i find this forum while i'm looking for Jessop (an iron and steel manufacterer).

I can say, that the Sheffield iron and steel for cutlery is different from Solingen or Filarmonica.I study many books about the life of Mushet family or Taylor.

In their works is shows that the iron used for Sheffield straight razor was Svedish and these factories produced also the iron and steel for Royal Navy.

This kind of metal used also for Solingen straight razor and in Toledo factories by Jose' Monserrat Pou'.Since1820 the type of iron used for boats in England was Cast Steel (Acier Fondu).This type of iron,without carbon (<1%),not rusted.

After from 1890,the english manufactures used also an another type of steel for straight razor.This kind of steel had many carbons into the allotropic structure.Is used to cut others iron,it was similar at modern M2 steel.

So,i hope very lucky for your forum,

Sincerely

Andrea

Gentlemen,

Since the first time that i visited England, i'm fascinated;besides, i'm very expert about the technical aspects and history of straight razors and their sharpening and honing.

So, i know very well the history of Sheffield straight razor (Wade&Butcher,Wostenholm,Rodgers,etc)and of their manufacteres.I'm very happy because i find this forum while i'm looking for Jessop (an iron and steel manufacterer).

I can say, that the Sheffield iron and steel for cutlery is different from Solingen or Filarmonica.I study many books about the life of Mushet family or Taylor.

In their works is shows that the iron used for Sheffield straight razor was Svedish and these factories produced also the iron and steel for Royal Navy.

This kind of metal used also for Solingen straight razor and in Toledo factories by Jose' Monserrat Pou'.Since1820 the type of iron used for boats in England was Cast Steel (Acier Fondu).This type of iron,without carbon (<1%),not rusted.

After from 1890,the english manufactures used also an another type of steel for straight razor.This kind of steel had many carbons into the allotropic structure.Is used to cut others iron,it was similar at modern M2 steel.

So,i hope very lucky for your forum,

Sincerely

Andrea

Hello and welcome Andrea

Firstly don't worry about your English, most of us Englishmen don't speak it very well anyway.

Good to hear that you have knowledge of the Sheffield Razor Industry. Your expertise will be very useful and welcome.

Please feel free to contribute to other topics which may take your interest as well.

Guest Aldebaran

Hello and welcome Andrea

Firstly don't worry about your English, most of us Englishmen don't speak it very well anyway.

Good to hear that you have knowledge of the Sheffield Razor Industry. Your expertise will be very useful and welcome.

Please feel free to contribute to other topics which may take your interest as well.

Thank you for your consideration about myself.I think that the "Englishmen"are many friendly with strangers.They are sympathetic to those who do not speak their language and they are good to use gestures during the conversation.

Gentlemen,

Welcome to Sheffield History Andrea (Aldeberan, - named after a star in the constellation of Taurus?)

Sorry I was not here to welcome you earlier as I have been away on holiday, to, of all places, Italy.

Had a great time in rural Tuscany and visits to Florence, Rome and the Vatican.

I think that the "Englishmen"are many friendly with strangers.

They are sympathetic to those who do not speak their language and they are good to use gestures during the conversation.

Interestingly, after my recent travels in Italy, that's excatly how I found the Italians!