A Walk On The Weird Side

hilldweller

If I was faced with that dilemma I'd probably go for "odd isn't it"

A Walk On The Odd Isn't It Side doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it. :rolleyes:

hilldweller

The reference to LSD in this thread reminded me of the connection of the Beatles and the reason for the song title LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS..

Lucy O’Donnell was 4 years old when her classmate at nursery painted a picture of her, surrounded it with stars and squiggles and took it home to show his parents.

“It’s Lucy in the sky with diamonds,” Julian Lennon told his father, inspiring one of the Beatles’ most enigmatic songs and carving his friend a slice of musical immortality.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/beatles/article6852494.ece

A Walk On The Odd Isn't It Side doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it. :rolleyes:

hilldweller

I thought the title of this topic had been taken from the Lou reid song "A walk on the wild side" and modified to "A walk on the wird side"

As hilldweller says, I can't imagine a song called "A Walk On The Odd Isn't It Side" ever catching on.

The reference to LSD in this thread reminded me of the connection of the Beatles and the reason for the song title LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS..

Lucy O’Donnell was 4 years old when her classmate at nursery painted a picture of her, surrounded it with stars and squiggles and took it home to show his parents.

“It’s Lucy in the sky with diamonds,” Julian Lennon told his father, inspiring one of the Beatles’ most enigmatic songs and carving his friend a slice of musical immortality.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/beatles/article6852494.ece

The story of "Lucy" (Lucy O'Donnell), Julian Lennon's picture, and the origin of the expression "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" is well known and was related by John Lennon on more than one occasion as a sort of denial that the song had anything to do with the drug LSD.

Sad to hear that the real "Lucy", immortalised in this song, has died so young.

The story of "Lucy" (Lucy O'Donnell), Julian Lennon's picture, and the origin of the expression "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" is well known and was related by John Lennon on more than one occasion as a sort of denial that the song had anything to do with the drug LSD.

Sad to hear that the real "Lucy", immortalised in this song, has died so young.

Although Lennon denied that the song had anything to do with the drug LSD, the "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" sequence in the film "Yellow Submarine", wiyh its surrelistic pop art dreamlike structure seems to paint a different picture.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7F2X3rSSCU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7F2X3rSSCU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I was aware of the ergot fungus,

the fungus that grows on rye along with the madness

and deaths that it caused.

Never knew it had any connections to LSD,

thanks for the info Dave.

Well was it Ergot or was it LSD?

Is this a case of accidental or deliberate poisoning with this substance?

Is it a conspiracy

Ergot or LSD

Well was it Ergot or was it LSD?

Is this a case of accidental or deliberate poisoning with this substance?

Is it a conspiracy

Ergot or LSD

Thanks for the link Dave,

an interesting article that throws new light on the outbreak,

I don't suppose the true reason will ever be found.

Thanks for the link Dave,

an interesting article that throws new light on the outbreak,

I don't suppose the true reason will ever be found.

Shows how easy it is for substances to be abused and used used with intent though!

As a chemist I always say that any chemical is only as dangerous as the person who is handling it.