Date Of Latest Post

Guest binsted71

Guest binsted71

It would have been useful from my point of view to have reverted back to putting the date of the last post on each section rather than a seemingly meaningless 10 digit number.

It would have been useful from my point of view to have reverted back to putting the date of the last post on each section rather than a seemingly meaningless 10 digit number.

The meaningless 10 digit number is in fact a date stamp which the computer server software should be interpreting as a date and time.

Unfortunately at present there is a problem and it seems to be incapable of understanding its own computer code, leaving us to try and figure it out for ourselves.

Hopefully there will be a solution to this soon.

Guest transit

....as an obsessive ! - and previously rampant contributer to this site - especially the Transport section - I will now voice my opinion , that i was quite happy that the site shut the whole of Friday while a "overhaul" of the site was done , in the hope it was going to revert back to the old "system" that we all grew to love and contribute to .

...ALAS NO ! - logged on again - still looks the same as the previous few months , where , for anyone who is not a technophobe (like me) and just wants to make a conversation of local memories , or even post a pic to help jog memories ect , i cannot find anytrhing to comment on other than what i see on screen .How many posts are going missed by the viewers who dont know who posted in the past few hours ect?

I am sure the posts are well down ,to what they used to be pre redesign , and i too am now reluctant to even bother anymore ! - especially as , only this morning , i spent almost an hour doing a post and uploading a pic ect , for it to be deleted !! - WHY SHOULD I BOTHER ANYMORE ? - All other local sites are much more easier , and i have talked to other members on here who feel the same . Unless something is done - like REVERT BACK TO HOW IT USED TO BE up to a few months ago - then " THE END IS NIGH " as a bloke holding a board proclaimed up and down Fargate ! - Sorry for this rant admin , but please take it as advice as it needs saying , for ALL our benefits.

My yesterdays post in this topic has disappeared.

What time did it disappear vox? :huh:

Was it at 6275310883 lol

The meaningless 10 digit number is in fact a date stamp which the computer server software should be interpreting as a date and time.

Unfortunately at present there is a problem and it seems to be incapable of understanding its own computer code, leaving us to try and figure it out for ourselves.

Hopefully there will be a solution to this soon.

Strangely enough, displaying "View New Content" gets the date and time rendering correct.

My beef is that the "View New" for logged in users restricts the list to those made since the last login, but if you don't login, there are options to list the last week, 2weeks etc, which is useful, if like me, you accidentally close the browser before you've finished going down the list.

Strangely enough, displaying "View New Content" gets the date and time rendering correct.

My beef is that the "View New" for logged in users restricts the list to those made since the last login, but if you don't login, there are options to list the last week, 2weeks etc, which is useful, if like me, you accidentally close the browser before you've finished going down the list.

You can overcome this by going to the bottom of the page and clicking "todays active posts" which gives the last 24 hours.

Having done that there is then the option to select the last week, month or even years worth of posts!

The problem (beef!) with the "View new" option is that it seems to update itself fairly regularly and the list can suddenly become much shorter, showing say only the last hours posts, while you are still trying to use it.

The problem (beef!) with the "View new" option is that it seems to update itself fairly regularly and the list can suddenly become much shorter, showing say only the last hours posts, while you are still trying to use it.

Annoyingly the "view new" list has done just that for me while I was making the previous post about it! :angry:

You can overcome this by going to the bottom of the page and clicking "todays active posts" which gives the last 24 hours.

Having done that there is then the option to select the last week, month or even years worth of posts!

I'll try that. Ta.

I'll try that. Ta.

No problem Henry, hope it works for you.

I find it less convenient but at least I can see the latest posts which would otherwise not be available.