Sign in to follow this  
Sheffield History

The stairs in Sugg Sport

Don't ask me why

But I have this sudden urge to try and remember what was on the stairs up to the top floor of Sugg Sports ?

If I remember it was trophy cabinets but there's something that my mind is trying to remind me - something that caught your eye as you walked upstairs (to the boring floor)

Amazing how different floors had different atmospheres in shops eh ?

Anyway - what WAS on the stairs at Suggs ?

Which Suggs Sports ? There was one near Cambridge Arcade, one near Trueloves Gutter - more Victorian references to unravel :rolleyes:

Anyone still own an Adidas sports bag, as bought in the early 1970's ? I have two, in my loft.

Which Suggs Sports ? There was one near Cambridge Arcade, one near Trueloves Gutter - more Victorian references to unravel :rolleyes:

Anyone still own an Adidas sports bag, as bought in the early 1970's ? I have two, in my loft.

The Trueloves Gutter(Castle Green) store was the one across from the B&C Castle House store. and yes I have an orange and black Adiddas back minus the strap.

How awful, mine are royal blue, and two tone, mid-blue and dark blue trimmings and handles, much nicer :rolleyes:

On the stairs there was a picture of Bomber Graham and a a shot of the Wembley semi-final.

The 1st floor at Pinstone St stocked cross bows to chess sets and swimming goggles to skateboards.

Proper sports shop!

I seem to have memories of trophy cabinets holding among other things a cricket bat and a silver cup