Half-Time

RichardB

Just a bit it did; come on England !

Take Rooney off, done nothing all tournament; we have the smallest man on the field as target man, what's going on ? ... Grrrrrr

Take Rooney off, done nothing all tournament; we have the smallest man on the field as target man, what's going on ? ... Grrrrrr

In the similar incident against Germany in the 1966 World Cup final it was, disputably, "over the line" and fortunately we were awarded it.

In this incident the ball was clearly over the line, by about 2 feet in my estimation, and we don't get it.

Should have been 2 - 2 at half time.

Agree about Rooney but I don't like the guy anyway so I'm biased.

Well at least we can go back to sleep for the next four years - until we convince ourselves we have a chance - again ...

Well at least we can go back to sleep for the next four years - until we convince ourselves we have a chance - again ...

As I see it as a non football fan

You have a so called national sport, where at least half the players are not English, of the other half anyone with a bit of talent is overpaid and their main concern is doing what their agent tells them to earn them both loads of money.

Then you have a national coach who can not string 2 words of English together.

They go to these competitions on the back of a fluky win 44 years ago, and fail

But still demand high wages.

What about performance related pay, don't pay them a penny until the end of such competitions then judge them on their success,

Thinking about it you could do the same for MP's

Rant Rant Rant

At least all the pretend supporters can go back to sleep until England fail at Euro 2012.

ps

anybody want to buy a million England flags

Considering what happened next, 2 goals from Muller within 4 minutes, the first half wasn't that bad.

It's that disallowed goal from Lampard that has done it for us. :angry:

As I see it as a non football fan

You have a so called national sport, where at least half the players are not English, of the other half anyone with a bit of talent is overpaid and their main concern is doing what their agent tells them to earn them both loads of money.

Then you have a national coach who can not string 2 words of English together.

They go to these competitions on the back of a fluky win 44 years ago, and fail

But still demand high wages.

What about performance related pay, don't pay them a penny until the end of such competitions then judge them on their success,

Thinking about it you could do the same for MP's

Rant Rant Rant

At least all the pretend supporters can go back to sleep until England fail at Euro 2012.

ps

As usual Stuart I've got to 100% agree with you on that one.

Footballers, MP's, TV personalities and Bankers are all an overpaid set of losers and wasters!

Was buying that job lot of a million England flags your new business venture when your job ended?

Pity they are all upside (but probably appropriate if it means distress)

Bigger pity that it has left you out of pocket.

Oh and thanks for reminding me that I don't like football and have never been a fan of it :huh:

So what the hell am I doing posting in this topic? :blink:

As usual Stuart I've got to 100% agree with you on that one.

Footballers, MP's, TV personalities and Bankers are all an overpaid set of losers and wasters!

Was buying that job lot of a million England flags your new business venture when your job ended?

Pity they are all upside (but probably appropriate if it means distress)

Bigger pity that it has left you out of pocket.

Oh and thanks for reminding me that I don't like football and have never been a fan of it :huh:

So what the hell am I doing posting in this topic? :blink:

I was getting worried about you, never known you discuss football before

apart from the odd flair player, England have generally relied on their fighting spirit and superior fitness - given that the English game was quicker than anything on the continent.

I think that this has started to be coached out of the players in the prem league by foreign managers and now at international level also.

Im not being racist when i say this but surely the England team needs to be coached by an English man - someone who understands the players he is working with!

Capello has been a very successful club manager but he has been able to bring in the players he was wanted from all over the globe and mould them into his side - with England he isnt able to do this, its not the same as being a club manager!

Having said all that I believe its the FA who again need to take a good look at themsleves - most of the other nations give their coaches a contract up to the end of the following tournament - ours give our coach an extended contract weeks before it begins!!!!!!!!!

Rant over!

apart from the odd flair player, England have generally relied on their fighting spirit and superior fitness - given that the English game was quicker than anything on the continent.

I think that this has started to be coached out of the players in the prem league by foreign managers and now at international level also.

Im not being racist when i say this but surely the England team needs to be coached by an English man - someone who understands the players he is working with!

Capello has been a very successful club manager but he has been able to bring in the players he was wanted from all over the globe and mould them into his side - with England he isnt able to do this, its not the same as being a club manager!

Having said all that I believe its the FA who again need to take a good look at themsleves - most of the other nations give their coaches a contract up to the end of the following tournament - ours give our coach an extended contract weeks before it begins!!!!!!!!!

Rant over!

Given that he has just had his contract extended, how much will he get now when he is sacked.

That seems to how football works, you do a bad job, get sacked and come out of it with a be fat golden handshake, there's no incentive to do a good job.

In my previous job, you got set objectives at the start of the year, at the end you were judged on how well you had done, then they decide how much pay rise you got

ps

All is not lost.

Find someone with a million USA flags.

With a bit of creative cutting and sewing you can make the English and USA flags into about ten million little Chile flags.

You'd better get them on sale quickly though.

I'll book an appointment with my doctor, or that psychiatric bloke :unsure:

Rant over!

Can't be racist with a username like yours lol

Overheard on the radio last Thursday before the England v Slovenia match.

2 "experts" discussing football and Englands chances, one says to the other, -

"No team has ever won the World Cup with a foreign manager"

So if you have to be English to be in the England team, - why doesn't the manager have to be English as well?

Technical point, - Italians are the same RACE as us, just a different NATIONALITY.

So perhaps you were just being Nationalistic lol

Banking is even better.

You get paid a fortune but are still powered by pure greed.

You take high financial risks and lose billions of pounds of other peoples money almost bankrupting the entire nation

and then...

You get to keep your job and get paid a MASSIVE seven figure annual bonus :o:blink::o

How does that work?

How can it be right?

What happened to that "willy puller Banker" tax that this Government promised us.

The one that made sure that those who got us into this debt would have to pay us out of it.

Oh sorry,

The Government cancelled that idea when they realised that they also fell into that category :angry:

£100-£250K per week for a footballer, £2-8M plus bonuses for a banker - it's all in proportion, just ask a Fire Service employee, a Copper, a Nurse etc etc.

Some save lives serve the public; some run about a bit.

It's a short working life for a professional sports-person though; maybe £4-5M per year is not enough ... and an inflation-busting rise of say £20,000 per hour is in order, %-wise it's not that much ...

Legislate to cap wages, nobody on the planet does work worth £10K a week; not even Ray Dorset ...

------------------------------------------

Not an entirely serious posting.

£100-£250K per week for a footballer, £2-8M plus bonuses for a banker - it's all in proportion, just ask a Fire Service employee, a Copper, a Nurse etc etc.

Some save lives serve the public; some run about a bit.

It's a short working life for a professional sports-person though; maybe £4-5M per year is not enough ... and an inflation-busting rise of say £20,000 per hour is in order, %-wise it's not that much ...

Legislate to cap wages, nobody on the planet does work worth £10K a week; not even Ray Dorset ...

------------------------------------------

Not an entirely serious posting.

Wouldn't be so sure about that,

Seems that you agree that many people in this country (and we have "named and shamed" the jobs) are in a job which requires, or at least which they show, No intelligence, NO skill, NO common sense, No physical strength and they get paid a fortunes worth of "silly money" and bonuses for it, while ordinary workers that do a good honest job and who do use some of these skills on a day to day basis get paid a pittance, get no bonuses and even get their pay frozen. :angry:

As the Beatles once sang, -

You say you want a revolution

Well you know

We'd all want to change the world

You tell me that it's evolution

Well you know

But when you talk about destruction

Don't you know that you can count me out

Don't you know it's gonna be alright

You say you got a real solution

Well you know

We'd all want to see the plan

You ask me for a contribution

Well you know

We're all doing what we can

But if you want money for people with minds that hate

All I can tell you is brother you'll have to wait

You say you'll change the constitution

Well you know

We'd all love to change your head

You tell me it's the institution

Well you know

You better free your mind instead

But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao

You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow

Don't you know know it's gonna be alright

Alright

Alright

Alright

Alright

Alright

Alright

Alright

Wouldn't be so sure about that,

Seems that you agree that many people in this country (and we have "named and shamed" the jobs) are in a job which requires, or at least which they show, No intelligence, NO skill, NO common sense, No physical strength and they get paid a fortunes worth of "silly money" and bonuses for it, while ordinary workers that do a good honest job and who do use some of these skills on a day to day basis get paid a pittance, get no bonuses and even get their pay frozen. :angry:

As the Beatles once sang, -

You say you want a revolution

Well you know

You tell me that it's evolution

Well you know

But when you talk about destruction

Don't you know that you can count me out

You say you got a real solution

Well you know

We'd all want to see the plan

You ask me for a contribution

Well you know

We're all doing what we can

But if you want money for people with minds that hate

All I can tell you is brother you'll have to wait

You say you'll change the constitution

Well you know

We'd all love to change your head

You tell me it's the institution

Well you know

You better free your mind instead

But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao

You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow

Alright

Alright

Alright

Alright

Alright

Alright

Alright

Tongue firmly in cheek when I posted my original; fire the lot of 'em - give the money to the deserving servants of the people, not the &*%^$£% ^%&!)&^% (fill in your own letters; make some up f your own !

Now is that Revolution (Rock version)

or Revolution 1 (Swing version)

or Revolution 9 (White album) (cut up tape stuck back together "May it serve you well", "Number 9, Number 9" version) ?

You've killed one of my best Beatles questions there Dave

Which is the first Beatles song not to include the word "Love" ? (Another good Beatles question).

Tongue firmly in cheek when I posted my original; fire the lot of 'em - give the money to the deserving servants of the people, not the &*%^$£% ^%&!)&^% (fill in your own letters; make some up f your own !

Now is that Revolution (Rock version)

or Revolution 1 (Swing version)

or Revolution 9 (White album) (cut up tape stuck back together "May it serve you well", "Number 9, Number 9" version) ?

You've killed one of my best Beatles questions there Dave

Which is the first Beatles song not to include the word "Love" ? (Another good Beatles question).

By "first" do you mean chronologically released?

Are we including the 1961 German polydor records and Hamburg tapes?

Or just the official releases on Parlophone?

By "first" do you mean chronologically released?

Are we including the 1961 German polydor records and Hamburg tapes?

Or just the official releases on Parlophone?

Best stick with official Parlophone singles and albums, otherwise "The one after 909" comes into play (that's a late one surely ... Don't call me Shirley etc ...). and "The Saints go marching in"

No Star Club, Hamburg Tapes, Johnny and the Moondogs, no Stuart Sutcliffe, no Tony Sheridan, no future Alvin Stardust driving the band through Litherland Tunnel, no Pete Best, Silverbeetles; definitely no alternative recordings of "Get Back" - just standard Parlophone catalogue stuff (willing to be wrong, but, it's the answer I've always known).

Best stick with official Parlophone singles and albums, otherwise "The one after 909" comes into play (that's a late one surely ... Don't call me Shirley etc ...). and "The Saints go marching in"

No Star Club, Hamburg Tapes, Johnny and the Moondogs, no Stuart Sutcliffe, no Tony Sheridan, no future Alvin Stardust driving the band through Litherland Tunnel, no Pete Best, Silverbeetles; definitely no alternative recordings of "Get Back" - just standard Parlophone catalogue stuff (willing to be wrong, but, it's the answer I've always known).

Fool on a Hill?

Elena Rigby?

. . . just guessing here . . .

Fool on a Hill?

Elena Rigby?

. . . just guessing here . . .

Twist and shout ?

Do we mean written by them as well ?

Roll over Beethoven 1963

Twist and shout ?

Do we mean written by them as well ?

Roll over Beethoven 1963

Neither of these were written by them as I am sure vox already knew.

Can we confirm then that we are looking for, -

1)

No use of the word "love" in any of the lyrics (not just the title)

2)

Written by the Beatles, not a copy of someone else's stuff

3)

Official British releases on EMI Parlophone / Apple only

4)

First song as issued chronolgically

If a single A side takes precidence over B

If an EP or LP songs in order of Side 1 first and track order.

Neither of these were written by them as I am sure vox already knew.

Can we confirm then that we are looking for, -

1)

No use of the word "love" in any of the lyrics (not just the title)

2)

Written by the Beatles, not a copy of someone else's stuff

3)

Official British releases on EMI Parlophone / Apple only

4)

First song as issued chronolgically

If a single A side takes precidence over B

If an EP or LP songs in order of Side 1 first and track order.

On this basis I think it would be the song "Misery", track 2 on side 1 of the first album "Please Please Me" released early in 1963 and recorded at EMI studios on 11 February 1963, the day before they appeared at the Azena club, White's Lane, Gleadless Townend, Sheffield.

On this basis I think it would be the song "Misery", track 2 on side 1 of the first album "Please Please Me" released early in 1963 and recorded at EMI studios on 11 February 1963, the day before they appeared at the Azena club, White's Lane, Gleadless Townend, Sheffield.

Barely remember the answer myself !

I'd read either Nowhere Man or Norweigan Wood, too tired after Graduation Day for kidlette. Your answer sounds much better informed.

Barely remember the answer myself !

I'd read either Nowhere Man or Norweigan Wood, too tired after Graduation Day for kidlette. Your answer sounds much better informed.

By my reconning it goes like this on Parlophone.

1 Single (5 Oct 1962)

LOVE me do / PS I LOVE you (Both include love in the title)

2 Single (12 January 1963)

Please please me / Ask me why (Both include the word love in the lyrics)

Please please me has

Please please me, whoa yeah, like I please you.

You don't need me to show the way, LOVE.

Why do I always have to say "LOVE,"

While Ask me why has

Ask me why, I'll say I LOVE you,

And I'm always thinking of you.

3 LP album Please Please Me (April 1963)

Tracks in order are from side 1 are

SIDE 1 TRACK 1 I Saw Her Standing There (Includes the word LOVE in the lyrics)

Well she looked at me, and I, I could see

That before too long I'd fall in LOVE with her.

She wouldn't dance with another (wooo)

And I saw her standin' there.

SIDE 1 TRACK 2 Misery (does NOT include the word LOVE

Complete lyrics

The world is treating me bad... Misery.

I'm the kind of guy,

Who never used to cry,

The world is treatin' me bad... Misery!

I've lost her now for sure,

I won't see her no more,

It's gonna be a drag... Misery!

I'll remember all the little things we've done

Can't she see she'll always be the only one, only one.

Send her back to me,

'Cause everyone can see

Without her I will be in misery.

I'll remember all the little things we've done.

She'll remember and she'll miss her only one, lonely one.

Send her back to me,

'Cause everyone can see,

Without her I will be in misery (oh oh oh)

In misery (ooh ee ooh ooh)

My misery (la la la la la la)

Hope that helps

ps

I noticed in Wilkinsons on Hatmarket today that they are selling off their England flags (about A4 size on a plastic stick, the sort you wave about and look enthusiastic with) for just 10p each now that no one wants them.

Now, I'm no businessman but, -

If we bought up all their remaining stock at 8p per unit (2p discount for a bulk order, and we would be doing them the favour of relieving them of all remaining stock) B)

Stuck the whole lot in a loft, attic, garage or shed somewhere :rolleyes:

Left them for around 4 years until the next time half of England goes barmy thinking that a load of overpaid pratts could actually stand more than a cat in hells chance of winning the World Cup. :huh:

Then, with World Cup 2014 fever high and England still in the contest (hopefully), bring the flags out of storage and sell them for their full price, say £2.50 a unit. B)

That would represent quite a big profit wouldn't it? :unsure:

Better act quick before Branson or Sugar thinks of it! <_<