Pond Street 1991

andyrad

just thought i would share this taken in 1991 as it shows a great variety of mcw's dominators an atlantean a national and a fleetline!

Guest transit

just thought i would share this taken in 1991 as it shows a great variety of mcw's dominators an atlantean a national and a fleetline!

....and the roof of a Reeve Burgess Renault Dodge .....tut ,tut you young un's.....!!!!

....and the roof of a Reeve Burgess Renault Dodge .....tut ,tut you young un's.....!!!!

Not the same view point but this was taken last week (16/06/10)

Not the same view point but this was taken last week (16/06/10)

Both these views, even the 1991 one, look very "modern" to me.

Nothing like the views we put in the "Pond Street Bus Station" (when it was a bus station and not a transport interchange) and the "Threepenny Bit Kiosk" topics which were taken mainly in the 1970's and 1960's

Nothing like the views we put in the "Pond Street Bus Station" (when it was a bus station and not a transport interchange) and the "Threepenny Bit Kiosk" topics which were taken mainly in the 1970's and 1960's

Yes my photo is modern, but Andyrads photo from 1991 is a piece of history.

Yes my photo is modern, but Andyrads photo from 1991 is a piece of history.

Still looks quite modern to how I remember it.

May be something to do with how long it is since I last went down to Pond Street,

Or in fact, how long it is since I last went on a bus.

Can you still travel anywhere in Sheffield on them for a fare of just 2p? lol

Guest transit

Still looks quite modern to how I remember it.

May be something to do with how long it is since I last went down to Pond Street,

Or in fact, how long it is since I last went on a bus.

Can you still travel anywhere in Sheffield on them for a fare of just 2p? lol

....cheaper still if you chuck a couple of washers in the Videmat machine !!!!! lol

....cheaper still if you chuck a couple of washers in the Videmat machine !!!!! lol

But then I would have a bus ticket with a picture of 2 old washers on it :unsure:

What happens when the inspector asks to see it? :o

Guest transit

But then I would have a bus ticket with a picture of 2 old washers on it :unsure:

What happens when the inspector asks to see it? :o

....that was the only problem !!!!!!!!

btw , you ought to have seen what some people managed to put in them machines to avoid paying !!!!! :o

oh yeah I never noticed that! lol what about the HST125 in the station too?

Andy

agreed they do dave, was miles better with the old SUT Booking office down there too and do you remember the bus park on Harmer lane? aah them were the days!

agreed they do dave, was miles better with the old SUT Booking office down there too and do you remember the bus park on Harmer lane? aah them were the days!

The bus interchange actually looks very nice, although unfamiliar so I suppose I prefer the one I know.

What I don't particularly like is the expansion of Sheffield Polytechnic (sorry, Sheffield Hallam University now isn't it) onto the "bus station" side of the road.

It's as though Sheffield Hallam has taken it over and has become the only University in the World to house a bus station in its basement.