Gregory & Co

Guest Pip

The attachment picture below is of a Gregory & Co knife which is one of a set of Knives, forks and spoons that were given to me by my Mother. The Gregory and Co. Cutlery factory belonged to my Ancestors. I was wondering if you may be able to give me any information about this family of Gregory's, as I know nothing. My Brother's middle name is Gregory after this family connection. My Great Grandmother's name was Emma Gregory born 1851 in Ecclesfield. I thank you for any help you may be able to give me.

Regards Pip

The attachment picture below is of a Gregory & Co knife which is one of a set of Knives, forks and spoons that were given to me by my Mother. The Gregory and Co. Cutlery factory belonged to my Ancestors. I was wondering if you may be able to give me any information about this family of Gregory's, as I know nothing. My Brother's middle name is Gregory after this family connection. My Great Grandmother's name was Emma Gregory born 1851 in Ecclesfield. I thank you for any help you may be able to give me.

Regards Pip

Hi and welcome Pip,

a bit of info here and I'm sure someone will be along to fill in the gaps.

Gregory, & Co. pen, pocket, and fruit knife manufacturers, 117 Pond-street.

1797, Robinson's Directory of Sheffield.

SH link to ..Robinson's Directory of Sheffield, 1797

Gregory & Co cutlery manufacturers, 7 Cambridge Street.

Gregory Walter cutlery manufacturer (G & Co ) , house, 201 High Greave, Ecclesfield.

Gregory & Co auger manufrs Hope works, Furnace Hill T A "Acute, Sheffield;11 ( may not be relevant? )

From 1925 Kelly's directory.

No 7 Cambridge Street, 1954

Link to OS map #02

Guest Peter Brooksbank

Pip. A few years on but I am a Gregory. Ihave a family tree my mother gave me going back to the 1600’s. As a child, I played at 201, high Greave, Ecclesfield. Walter was my grandfather. I can give you lots of info 
cheers

peter

Hi. I am not related to Brooksbank cutlery. However my paternal great grandfather was the brother of the two brothers that started Brooksbank Industries near Skipton   Not sure who or what Gregory Fenton is.