Sheffield Bus/tram Stops

biggles111

Guest transit

Hi does anyone have any close up shots of 1950's /60s Sheffield bus and tram stops, and shelters? Particularly the signs and styles of pole used.

....several pages of superb pics , to sift through here , to check out all the street furniture !!!!!.......

http://www.tramway.co.uk/our-collections/86/photo-library-search-results/?cat=&keywords=sheffield&location

Guest transit

Quite a few to be seen on Picture Sheffield by searching for bus shelter and bus stop.

I particularly like this one, on Ridgeway Road (as I remember it well) and there is a nice shot of of some stops on The Moor

......and usually painted in the well -loved blue and cream to match the trams/ buses :)

Guest alexander

......and usually painted in the well -loved blue and cream to match the trams/ buses :)

I remember the shelters in Sheffield painted as near as I can tell you orange/yellow/cream .

I think the answer to busmans query is Meadowhall Road.

I cant think why deckers would not be allowed there tho, c,mon bus man gi us a clue! :wacko:

Guest bus man

The answer to the double deck sign is Worksop Road - there will have been others around the city , the one shown was for the railway bridge and canal bridge / aqueduct

Just found the following in my files

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/TRAMMANN/?action=view&current=img175.jpg

its at the shows at woodhouse and the bus is 1739 (Atlantean ) taken around 1980 when it was new

Guest bus man

Iam scanning old neqs came across this one:

Transit can tell you where it was as he was there when I took the photo :rolleyes: