C.h. Preston

Guest alexander

Guest BillBingley

Anyone got any photos or information about this road haulier who was my grandad and was based in Owlerton , family sold out in the early 50s but the new owners retained the name .

My Grandad William Bingley bought the company from your Grandad from the sounds of it. I rang my Mum a moment ago & she's going to dig out some pictures including the originals of the steam trucks shown above which I remember (the pictures) from growing up!

Interesting topic as I used to drive for C H Preston 1968-69 when they were on Woodburn Road.This photo was sent to me by a so-called friend who asked which one I drove lol

My Mother Margaret Bingley asked me to ask what your name is if your don't mind? Unfortunately my Farther Bob Bingley passed away a number of years ago now.

Bill

Guest alexander

My Grandad William Bingley bought the company from your Grandad from the sounds of it. I rang my Mum a moment ago & she's going to dig out some pictures including the originals of the steam trucks shown above which I remember (the pictures) from growing up!

My Mother Margaret Bingley asked me to ask what your name is if your don't mind? Unfortunately my Farther Bob Bingley passed away a number of years ago now.

Bill

My name is Stuart Cooke , my e=mail address is cooke775@btinternet.com it maybe easier to communicate through that medium

Guest alexander

My name is Stuart Cooke , my e=mail address is cooke775@btinternet.com it maybe easier to communicate through that medium

To confirm that we are referring to the same business can you tell me where your Grandads firm was based in Sheffield ?

Guest BillBingley

To confirm that we are referring to the same business can you tell me where your Grandads firm was based in Sheffield ?

Yes I believe it is the same business.

My mother says the business from what she remembers from talking to my Dad/Grandad was based on Penistone Road but moved at some point while under my family's ownership to Woodburn Road where it stayed until the bottom fell out of the steel industry killing off the business.

My Mother said she would get the pictures out of the loft then I'll take a picture of them & could get them copied if needed?

Bill

Guest alexander

Yes I believe it is the same business.

My mother says the business from what she remembers from talking to my Dad/Grandad was based on Penistone Road but moved at some point while under my family's ownership to Woodburn Road where it stayed until the bottom fell out of the steel industry killing off the business.

My Mother said she would get the pictures out of the loft then I'll take a picture of them & could get them copied if needed?

Bill

This is fantastic news , the only picture I have of a non steamer is one that your Grandad entered in the Lord Mayor"s Parade , do you think you have any photos of my family"s lorries after the takeover ?, perhaps we could meet , The depot and head office was on Bradfield Rd where I still live .

Guest BillBingley

This is fantastic news , the only picture I have of a non steamer is one that your Grandad entered in the Lord Mayor"s Parade , do you think you have any photos of my family"s lorries after the takeover ?, perhaps we could meet , The depot and head office was on Bradfield Rd where I still live .

My Mother said she would look for pictures in the next week as I'm due to pop over for a meal Wednesday next week.

Mum also said the Council Parks Dept used to borrow the smaller lorry for the Lord Mayor's Parade for years even after I was born ('77).

My family moved up to the North East 20 years ago now for my Dad's job so meeting up would take some planning but it's not out of the question.

To correct the address from my post above It's Woodbourne Road.

I'll report back with more information as I get it.

Bill

Guest alexander

My Mother said she would look for pictures in the next week as I'm due to pop over for a meal Wednesday next week.

Mum also said the Council Parks Dept used to borrow the smaller lorry for the Lord Mayor's Parade for years even after I was born ('77).

My family moved up to the North East 20 years ago now for my Dad's job so meeting up would take some planning but it's not out of the question.

To correct the address from my post above It's Woodbourne Road.

I'll report back with more information as I get it.

Bill

I"m planning a holiday next week but will cotact you when I get back , do you think you have any photos of the lorries you got in the sale?

That's the only non steamer pictures I could find after a quick ish look.

Bill

It would be interesting to see any pictures of the steam powered vehicles if you have them.

Guest alexander

It would be interesting to see any pictures of the steam powered vehicles if you have them.

Hi BillBlngley

Are these the only photos your mum had ? I would like copies of them , can you arrange this . My phone no. is XXXXXXX

Hi BillBlngley

Are these the only photos your mum had ? I would like copies of them , can you arrange this . My phone no. is XXXXXXX

Hello alexander,

it's not recommended to publish home phone numbers on the net,

I would advise that you make contact with BillBlngley via PM (personal message)

or email to exchange personal details.

If you have problems doing so,

please contact myself or any member of our moderating team.

Thanks, Steve

Hi BillBlngley

It is also possible, as a member, to right click the images and then "save as" to save the image to your own computer and then edit and print out yourself.

Most members have no objection to other members doing this with non copyright, non commercial photographs of our own.

If we did we wouldn#t have posted them in the first place.

Guest mandator

That's the only non steamer pictures I could find after a quick ish look.

Bill

Hi Bill.The newest wagon they had when I was there was a tilt cab Leyland Comet reg XWB 53G.I had a Marathon years later when I worked for A.E.Evans tankers just round the corner from Woodburn Road on Cricket Inn Road.

You have a PM by the way.

Chris

Guest alexander

It is also possible, as a member, to right click the images and then "save as" to save the image to your own computer and then edit and print out yourself.

Most members have no objection to other members doing this with non copyright, non commercial photographs of our own.

If we did we wouldn#t have posted them in the first place.

Hi BillBingley

I have been offline and on holiday but maybe we could meet if you could contact me by e-mail at cooke775@btinternet.com I really would appreciate it .