Miners Arms, Stocksbridge

Guest kevin Hogg

Guest kevin Hogg

Hi - I am trying to find out as much history, date of construction, photographs, occupants etc. regarding the Miners Arms, Stocksbridge including the old adjacent Broomfield Cottages and brickworks opposite on Bracken moor field.

Also anything relating to the mining of the local community as I planning to re-open the pub and would like to share the information etc with the community.

Kind regards

Kevin Hogg

Hi - I am trying to find out as much history, date of construction, photographs, occupants etc. regarding the Miners Arms, Stocksbridge including the old adjacent Broomfield Cottages and brickworks opposite on Bracken moor field.

Also anything relating to the mining of the local community as I planning to re-open the pub and would like to share the information etc with the community.

Kind regards

Kevin Hogg

Hi Kevin, We are doing our family tree and only found out last week that my wifes 1 st cousin twice removed Harry Billingham born in 1889 from Rowley Regis Staffordshire had this pub but don"t know when.This was such a suprise as we only live just down the road but lived in Stocksbridge 39 years.I don"t have a date of death for Harry but at a guess he must have been around 30 years old when he had this pub.I hope this information helps you and if you do find anything about him i would be greatful if you would let me know.my email address is alanbarrott@aol.com.Kind Regards Alan/Susan.

Guest Dave W

The pub was known as the "Wrag" when I was growing up, this was probably to stop it being confused with the Miners Welfare Hall in Stocksbridge. The field opposite was known as the Wrag Field.

Dave.

Though this is listed under Deepcar,

I'm presuming it to be the same PH.

Charles Herbert Moorhouse,

Miners Arms (beerhouse)

Brackenmoor, Deepcar

1905 White's dir:

Guest zep

The field opposite wasn't always flat. Our footy team West Street Utd were in the Nomads league and we played St Anns on that field. The field sloped quite a lot but the crossbar was horizontal. The goal was 8 foot high at one side but about 10 foot at the other, the post and nets just dangling in mid air.

Guest billyman

I was looking for a cheap kitchen and searched for weeks to find the right one and then I came across

cheap kitchens

Their kitchens are definitely the cheapest kitchens on the market, I got delivery of my kitchen about two months ago and it's now fitted and looks perfect and it cost me 40% less than the best quote that I got. I can definitely recommend them especially if your looking for a cheap kitchenhttp://www.solidwoodkitchen.co.uk