Another New One

Guest galenareiki

Guest galenareiki

Hello to all. This is just a quick intro, i was born and bred in Sheffield but have lived in Hull since 1962.

My sister still lives in Sheffield so she tries to keep me up to date with what is happening in her neck of the woods.

But i have a feeling that now i have found this site it will be me keeping her up to date.

Will start posting when i have had a good look round.

Mo

Hello to all. This is just a quick intro, i was born and bred in Sheffield but have lived in Hull since 1962.

My sister still lives in Sheffield so she tries to keep me up to date with what is happening in her neck of the woods.

But i have a feeling that now i have found this site it will be me keeping her up to date.

Mo

Hello and Welcome to the Site. I'm an old hand here and I'm wrecked from two long sessions in the garden. Look forward to your posts,

Mo

Welcome to Sheffield History galenareiki

1962 is a long time to have not lived in Sheffield.

I lived in Hull from 1974 to 1977 while I did my degree at Hull University.

My degree is in chemistry, - now lets see GALENAreiki <_<

Geologically Galena is the main ore of lead, chemically it is lead sulphide, PbS

You're not a geologist or a chemist by any chance are you? :unsure:

I have a friend who has qualifications in the practice of Reiki (natural healing )

in Reiki crystals are often used to aid/help with the healing process.

I think that is a more likely reason where the Galena part comes from in galenareiki's user- name.

Oh and welcome galenareiki

I have a friend who has qualifications in the practice of Reiki (natural healing )

in Reiki crystals are often used to aid/help with the healing process.

I think that is a more likely reason where the Galena part comes from in galenareiki's user- name.

Oh and welcome galenareiki

Well Galena is very crystaline and a nice shiney grey colour, - almost metallic in appearance to start with, and, as it contains lead, very dense.

Hmmm... Natural Healing <_<

As a chemist I am more than likely to write Reiki off as a "crank cure" and stick to traditional medicine

(Just keeping taken the drugs)

In a TV programme I saw about life in China, in particular about being ill and going to the doctors in China, each patient was asked by the receptionist before getting to see the doctor, -

"Do you want a traditional Chinese medicine or a modern western medicine?"

A "Chinese medicine" was cheap and affordable, a "modern western medicine" was very expensive, especially for low paid Chinese workers.

However the patients invariably opted for the very expensive modern western medicine.

Mainly because they knew it would actually work and was in a worst case scenario possibly capable of saving their life.