Colman's Mustard History

ukelele lady

Does anyone have any history on the Colman's family members

and did some of them originate from Sheffield?

Does anyone have any history on the Colman's family members

and did some of them originate from Sheffield?

I don't, but I think I know a man who will. Teachers seem to know lots of stuff lolhe he lol

I don't, but I think I know a man who will. Teachers seem to know lots of stuff lolhe helol

Sorry Stuart I don't know about this one. <_<

I don't particularly like Colmans mustard, - that smooth browny - yellow smooth stuff so we don't have it. :(

Now French course ground Dijon mustard, - the stuff that blows your head off, - that's the mustard for me. :o

Sorry Stuart I don't know about this one. <_<

I don't particularly like Colmans mustard, - that smooth browny - yellow smooth stuff so we don't have it. :(

Now French course ground Dijon mustard, - the stuff that blows your head off, - that's the mustard for me. :o

Knew you did not like their mustard, is is this Colman the same as Reckitt & Colman, or is it a different company

Does the company have connections with Hull

Norwich is where Colman's mustard originated: the Hull connnection is due to the merger with Reckitt's of Hull in 1938. It became part of Unilever in 1995.

http://www.colmansmustardshop.com/history_of_colmans.htm

Knew you did not like their mustard, is is this Colman the same as Reckitt & Colman, or is it a different company

Does the company have connections with Hull

Aaah, not Colmans but Reckitt and Colmans, - why didn't you say so.

A well known Hull firm.

I'm sure that having done a chemistry degree at Hull University part of one of my research projects was indirectly, through my supervising mentor, a bit of pharmaceutical chemistry for Reckitt & Colmans.

And, as you well know from your visits while I was there my girlfriend at the time was living in Reckitt Hall at the Lawns Centre in Cottingham (at the time a girls hall of residence)

However, I still didn't put the 2 together and would not have associated "Reckitt & Colmans" with "Colmans Mustard"

Norwich is where Colman's mustard originated: the Hull connnection is due to the merger with Reckitt's of Hull in 1938. It became part of Unilever in 1995.

http://www.colmansmustardshop.com/history_of_colmans.htm

Thank you Madannie , this is a start , but must [ard] dig deeper.

I'm with Dave on that one , I don't like it unless it's the mustard sauce

which you can get on hot dogs.

Thank you Madannie , this is a start , but must [ard] dig deeper.

I'm with Dave on that one , I don't like it unless it's the mustard sauce

which you can get on hot dogs.

But do you like the French stuff from Dijon.

While I was at Stuarts the other week there was an advert on TV for Mielle French Dijon mustard.

Never seen it before, - but Stuart watches a lot of obscure satellite channels with unusual adverts.

I tend to stick to BBC (no adverts) and ITV (mainly adverts for cut price sofas these days)

But do you like the French stuff from Dijon.

While I was at Stuarts the other week there was an advert on TV for Mielle French Dijon mustard.

Never seen it before, - but Stuart watches a lot of obscure satellite channels with unusual adverts.

I tend to stick to BBC (no adverts) and ITV (mainly adverts for cut price sofas these days)

Yes I like the French stuff best and the cut price sofas. lol

Aaah, not Colmans but Reckitt and Colmans, - why didn't you say so.

A well known Hull firm.

I'm sure that having done a chemistry degree at Hull University part of one of my research projects was indirectly, through my supervising mentor, a bit of pharmaceutical chemistry for Reckitt & Colmans.

And, as you well know from your visits while I was there my girlfriend at the time was living in Reckitt Hall at the Lawns Centre in Cottingham (at the time a girls hall of residence)

However, I still didn't put the 2 together and would not have associated "Reckitt & Colmans" with "Colmans Mustard"

One for Stuart and Ukelele Lady

A view of The Lawns Centre halls of residence at Cottingham taken from Reckitt Hall, which looked identical to these Halls facing it.

and this one WAS taken through someones bedroom window ;-)