I went to Sipelia Works on Cadman Street yesterday to have a small engineering job done.

They told me that location shots for a new 4 part series for Chanel 4 have just been filmed there.

"This Is England '86 will film over eight weeks with all the key cast returning to reprise their original roles. Screen Yorkshire supported This Is England '86" through its Production Fund and provided locations and crewing support. The four episodes will be broadcast on Channel 4 in the autumn.

Full Article

Just remembered, they told me that The Arctic Monkeys did a video there as well.

Arctic Monkeys - When The Sun Goes Down .. You Tube

Guest Noise Heat Power

I believe this Channel 4 series is a spin-off from Shane Meadows' very successful BAFTA-winning film 'This Is England' from two or three years back. The production company behind it is the Sheffield based Warp Films, who currently have 'Four Lions' on general release across the UK. That was also mostly shot in Sheffield I think.

I believe this Channel 4 series is a spin-off from Shane Meadows' very successful BAFTA-winning film 'This Is England' from two or three years back. The production company behind it is the Sheffield based Warp Films, who currently have 'Four Lions' on general release across the UK. That was also mostly shot in Sheffield I think.

Thanks for all the fish NHP :rolleyes:

They came and had a snoop around our scout hut a cople of months ago with a view to using it as a location for a couple of scenes - A cheap wedding venue and a UBO? Can't have been suitable as they never returned.

Guest Noise Heat Power

Latest I've heard is that This Is Enland '86 will be on Channel 4 in September. Keep 'em peeled!

Guest plain talker

found it very entertaining watching.

I am going to have to watch it again, this time for the plot, as the first time I watched it, I was going

"oh, I know that building!"

"I lived on that street" etc, etc.

If it wasn't based in Sheffield I wouldn't be watching it? Does anyone know where the Hospital was - looked very quiet. And the building used for the wedding - that was what the location scout visited us for.

If it wasn't based in Sheffield I wouldn't be watching it? Does anyone know where the Hospital was - looked very quiet. And the building used for the wedding - that was what the location scout visited us for.

... the hospital scenes were filmed in the real Hallamshire Hospital !

....the Register Office was filmed at the Steel City Community Centre on Shiregreen Lane , and nearby old Colley Youth Club was also featured !

Guest seanybaby

Where were the blocks of flats they:-

1) "The main couple" moved into

2) they had the game of football

1 - Blackstock Road (Gleadless Valley)

2 - Park Hill Flats.

Guest plain talker

1 - Blackstock Road (Gleadless Valley)

2 - Park Hill Flats.

It was Ironside road where lol and her boyfriend had the flat, but for the sake of a couple of hundred yards, it's not far out.... The Paper Shop as was ,which was on the Blackstock Road (Hemsworth) shops was the video store where Shaun had the job working for the Asian chap.

Guest wayneybabes

It was Ironside road where lol and her boyfriend had the flat, but for the sake of a couple of hundred yards, it's not far out.... The Paper Shop as was ,which was on the Blackstock Road (Hemsworth) shops was the video store where Shaun had the job working for the Asian chap.

Totally off topic PT, Hartleys fruit shop have just celebrated thier 50th Anniversary!!. They had balloons up in the shop and everything!!

The shop is still just like walking into a kind of 'Arkwrights' type of shop with the old shelving etc

Guest Leonski1981

The part where the lad goes to the job centre after being beat up is on Remington Road, Parson Cross. The building is a youth club!

Shane Meadows also shot a 'Christmas Special' (on April Fool's Day!) in about 2012, which involved the exterior of St James', Woodhouse, and the interior of St James', Norton, where I was Rector: we re-created the beginning of Midnight Mass for them.