Wheats Lane

RichardB

Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 15.06.40.jpg

So, no-one told me about Wheats Lane in Paradise Square then ? Keeping secrets, huh ?

Important resident judging by the name and a plaque on the wall to a well known Doctor with Victoria connections ?

Who are these people please ?

Remarkable little lane with a great building on the end, dog-walkers give it a go.

Indeed, I have amended the title. Can't seem to find out much else about it; will have to wait till I get photos off the camera to see what the building was.

So it is not William Edgar Ryves, the surgeon who was born in Vellore Southern India then?

freepages.family.rootsweb.ancestry.com

What it should be is 19 North Church Street, thats what it should be. I just approached it from Wheats Lane.

Wheats Lane entrance from Paradise Square, Blue door and 19 North Church Street

It could be me but I can't help but notice that..

it looks to be a bit of a bodge job with the letter 'A' in DAVID DANIEL DAVIS

don't you think

Another reason to be grateful, Wheats Lane is named after John James Wheat, clerk to the Church Burgesses and a member of a family of solicitors whose offices were in Paradise Square. The Wheat Collection held by the Sheffield Archives is a valuable part of their resources.

Would not recommend the trip down this little lane. It seems it's an alleyway that the druggies have selected to use as their toilet so was easily the worst smelling place I've ever experienced. Not a great time walking down there.

Anyway - this is Wheats Lane off Paradise Square. Thought you might appreciate the photos

On 04/05/2010 at 21:22, SteveHB said:

It could be me but I can't help but notice that..

it looks to be a bit of a bodge job with the letter 'A' in DAVID DANIEL DAVIS

don't you think

102_0749_e.jpg

ha ha yes! very strange!