Ww2 War Diaries Or History

Lyn 1

Hi

I am trying to find out more about what my dad did in the war. I have his service record -

RAC Transport driver. East Yorkshire Regiment, Yorks. and Lancs. Reg. His service record is as follows -

Home 14.5.40 - 20.5.42

M East 21.5.42 - 10.12.43

Home 11.12.43 - 16.9.44

N.W.E. 17.9.44 - 16.5.47 ?Europe

Home 17.5.47 - 30.8.47

We have a couple of photos that has written on the back - 20th Oct 1942 Alexandria & 10th Aug 1942 Ishmalia

Medals awarded - Africa Star 8th Army Class, 39/45 France and Germany Star, War medal 39/45. I do have details of eligibilty for these medals.

I would just like to know of anything he was involved in and wondered whether there were any war diaries I could look at online.

Thanks

Lyn

Hi

I am trying to find out more about what my dad did in the war. I have his service record -

RAC Transport driver. East Yorkshire Regiment, Yorks. and Lancs. Reg. His service record is as follows -

Home 14.5.40 - 20.5.42

M East 21.5.42 - 10.12.43

Home 11.12.43 - 16.9.44

N.W.E. 17.9.44 - 16.5.47 ?Europe

Home 17.5.47 - 30.8.47

We have a couple of photos that has written on the back - 20th Oct 1942 Alexandria & 10th Aug 1942 Ishmalia

Medals awarded - Africa Star 8th Army Class, 39/45 France and Germany Star, War medal 39/45. I do have details of eligibilty for these medals.

I would just like to know of anything he was involved in and wondered whether there were any war diaries I could look at online.

Thanks

Lyn

Hi Lyn, not nitpicking but I think that should be RASC not RAC, it stands for Royal Army Service Corps. My Dad was an RASC driver too, in the UK and Gibraltar. (Might be a typo, but could skew searching if not).

Hi Lyn, not nitpicking but I think that should be RASC not RAC, it stands for Royal Army Service Corps. My Dad was an RASC driver too, in the UK and Gibraltar. (Might be a typo, but could skew searching if not).

You might be right but in his service record under Corps it says East Yorks R.

Yorks & Lancs R

R.A.C

or maybe the C is for something else but it definitely looks like a C and not S. I know he was a transport driver and had to be able to service vehicles.

Lyn

The other alternative for RAC is Royal Armoured Corps, I'm not sure how that would fit with the rest?

Guest Trefcon

I would really recommend the WW2 forum Lyn for this one. http://www.ww2talk.com/

Dean.

I would really recommend the WW2 forum Lyn for this one. http://www.ww2talk.com/

Dean.

Many thanks

Lyn