Continental Market

Stuart0742

Just a reminder for anybody making a trip into Sheffield this weekend, the continental market is in town again.

Just a reminder for anybody making a trip into Sheffield this weekend, the continental market is in town again.

Merci beaucoup Stuart,

J'irai acheter le pain de la stalle française

{How about that then, - not only French but in the future tense :o . Man Chapman would have been pleased with that one ;-) }

Merci beaucoup Stuart,

{How about that then, - not only French but in the future tense :o . Man Chapman would have been pleased with that one ;-) }

I'll go buy bread stall French

So you are after buying a business then, when I walked through today there were no stalls for sale, plenty of food though. lol

I was tempted by the German Sausage seller, 7 different sausages for £10

As the bloke kept saying, "Where can you get that much German Sausage for £10 in Sheffield" lol

So you are after buying a business then, when I walked through today there were no stalls for sale, plenty of food though. lol

As the bloke kept saying, "Where can you get that much German Sausage for £10 in Sheffield" lol

J'irai is the future tense bit, = I will go. DON'T TELL ME, Google translator translated it as I'll go.

bread French stall, - you obviously translated that word for word without including the underlying grammatical structure

le pain = THE bread (ie bread is the subject of the sentence)

de la = feminine gender meaning of / some / any / from depending on context. You seem to have missed this bit out of your translation altogether.

So, try again, you must do better next time, - needs a bit more work doing on it at home!

{Now, ME TEACHING FRENCH!!! :o:blink::unsure::o That really would impress Man Chapman! lol }

In the CSE French oral exam they started in present tense and then progressed through, in order, past perfect, past imperfect and future.

If you were rubbish at French you never got past Present tense, if you were brilliant you finished on Future tense.

Quite an achievement for ME to be using future tense because I never used to get that far at school.

With that in mind, It is possible I could have made a few errors in translation.

I would have thought that may actually have said

Wo Sie dem viel deutsche Wurst für £10 in Sheffield erhalten können?

Where can you buy the meat to make the sausages for that price?

I once saw some at about that price in a plastic bucket labelled "UNFIT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION" when my dad worked down the old Sheffield Abatoir.

Oh well, not to worry, if the meats not that good at least its cheap, - we can always add plenty of spices and garlic to disguise it a bit

..and then try to sell it dead cheap on a stall in Fargate :o

I would have thought that may actually have said

Wo Sie dem viel deutsche Wurst für £10 in Sheffield erhalten können?

Where can you buy the meat to make the sausages for that price?

I once saw some at about that price in a plastic bucket labelled "UNFIT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION" when my dad worked down the old Sheffield Abatoir.

Oh well, not to worry, if the meats not that good at least its cheap, - we can always add plenty of spices and garlic to disguise it a bit

..and then try to sell it dead cheap on a stall in Fargate :o

Hey I've been to town and the Continental market this morning and seen that guy on the German meat stall.

It's all good quality wurst that he is selling, - and at a bargain price as well.

I was very nearly tempted by his offer, - but it would take me ages to eat all that sausage and still keep to the fat levels of my diet without my cholesterol levels going up again.

Therefore, so as not to upset my doctors too much I had to decline the offer.

So if you were tempted by the offer as well Stuart, did you get some?

Merci beaucoup Stuart,

The French bread stall we usually go to wasn't there (although there is another one).

Instead I got some Greek bread off another stall (Greek) that we usually go to.

I noticed that his loaves were smaller than usual and that his prices had gone up. :o

Still bought a few though.

Consider it my contribution towards bailing out the Greek economy lol

Hey I've been to town and the Continental market this morning and seen that guy on the German meat stall.

It's all good quality wurst that he is selling, - and at a bargain price as well.

I was very nearly tempted by his offer, - but it would take me ages to eat all that sausage and still keep to the fat levels of my diet without my cholesterol levels going up again.

Therefore, so as not to upset my doctors too much I had to decline the offer.

So if you were tempted by the offer as well Stuart, did you get some?

No I settled for the free samples :)

No I settled for the free samples :)

There were no free samples when I was there today,

YOU MUST HAVE EATEN THEM ALL !!!! :o

AND NOT SAVED ME ANY :angry:

So what were they like quality wise compared to the stuff you pay a fortune for on the supermarket deli counter?

There were no free samples when I was there today,

YOU MUST HAVE EATEN THEM ALL !!!! :o

AND NOT SAVED ME ANY :angry:

So what were they like quality wise compared to the stuff you pay a fortune for on the supermarket deli counter?

Don't know, don't usually buy it, he was doing quite a good trade on Thursday/Friday, perhaps he is running out of stock <_<

As to price not sure as I don't buy it normally.

Don't know, don't usually buy it, he was doing quite a good trade on Thursday/Friday, perhaps he is running out of stock <_<

As to price not sure as I don't buy it normally.

I used to eat it years ago before choloesterol levels dictated otherwise.

Continental cold meats, especially German wursts like bratwurst, were always quite expensive for the amount you got for your money.

If you got it from the Supermarket deli counter they tried to pull the usual scam of setting the slicer so thin that it looked like you were getting a lot of slices for your money, - but each slice was so wafer thin you could hardly taste it, - even with the spices and garlic.