Robin Hood

RichardB

Guest coffee cup

Tucked away, unless you knew it was there, you wouldn't know it was. We used to Park at pinegrove, then walk on the narrow dust lane up to the Robin Hood.

Its very nice in Summer as there are lots of animals in the field outside the pub.

Excellent Bar Meals lol lol

I used to go to the Robin Hood when I was on "day release" at Stannington College in the early 1970s. We would ring up the pub from college (no mobiles in those days) as we set off, to put x number of pies in the oven, so they would be ready by the time we had walked up there, for pie & peas and, of course, one on the best pints of Stones bitter around. When I say one I mean 4 or 5 & then walk back to college to sleep through the rest of the lessons.

There was a big open fire you could sit in front of at the Robin Hood, which was really good during the winter months. At that time it had quite a few small rooms but it was all knocked through in the mid-70s in to one big room.

The other thing that springs to mind, on one occasion, I'd been playing in an evening cricket match at Loxley & I walked back up a long steep cobbled path with a hand rail down one side just below the Robin Hood. As I walked up I saw something moving under the hand rail, I stopped to try to see what it was, I had just worked out that it was a baby owl when something hit me right between the shoulder blades, at first I thought someone had thrown a brick at me but them I realised it must have been the baby owl's mother that had attacked me. I needed a pint in the Robin hood after that :unsure: