Fearnehough Bible

RichardB

Intended for Skeets to read mainly but thought it might be of interest

Holy Bible Presented to Joseph Robert Feanehough on his 21st Birthday March 1892

is he "one of yours" Skeets, if so, the Bible is yours when I visit Sheffield, hopefully this weekend. Been in my family since the 1960's, never quite worked out why.

Holy Bible Presented to Joseph Robert Feanehough on his 21st Birthday March 1892

is he "one of yours" Skeets, if so, the Bible is yours when I visit Sheffield, hopefully this weekend. Been in my family since the 1960's, never quite worked out why.

Skeets is in France !!

Skeets is in France !!

I'd completely forgotten that ! Still, more chance of him getting it via family/friends if its in Sheffield than up here in the not-so-frozen North (if it is of interest that is, its just a normal (large) Bible with a hand-written dedication in the front.

Guest skeets

HI RichardB No, he was not from our side, he was the head of Fernite Works Portobello whom l believe you once said your Father worked for maybe there is some connection there further details later l only saw your post late tonight Cheers Skeets

HI RichardB No, he was not from our side, he was the head of Fernite Works Portobello whom l believe you once said your Father worked for maybe there is some connection there further details later l only saw your post late tonight Cheers Skeets

Thats fine Skeets, just offering in case he was a relation.

Guest Fearenehough Levick

I am most interested to see that you have JR Fearnehough's bible. I was slightly puzzled by the reference in the dedication from the aunt and uncle, the names of whom are not familiar.

However, it appears that this was my grandfather's bible, and if it came to you in the 1960's, it would probably have been the result of the clearing out of either his wife's or son's possessions, as they both died within a very short time of each other.

If it is possible to arrange, it would be rather nice for this item to go to his great-great grand children.

Yours truly,

PHILIPPA MORRIS.

PS I am not quite sure whether a reply to this will go to this site, or to my email address. My address is philippa@nsw.chariot.net.au.

I am most interested to see that you have JR Fearnehough's bible. I was slightly puzzled by the reference in the dedication from the aunt and uncle, the names of whom are not familiar.

However, it appears that this was my grandfather's bible, and if it came to you in the 1960's, it would probably have been the result of the clearing out of either his wife's or son's possessions, as they both died within a very short time of each other.

If it is possible to arrange, it would be rather nice for this item to go to his great-great grand children.

Yours truly,

PHILIPPA MORRIS.

PS I am not quite sure whether a reply to this will go to this site, or to my email address. My address is philippa@nsw.chariot.net.au.

Interesting indeed. My Father was a friend of Fearnehough and worked for them in the 1960's; I believe both families have a history in the Birkendale region of Sheffield, I was born at Jessop Hospital but my parents and sisters lived at Upperthorpe, Birkendale and Birkendale Road then Howard Road/Street (it's late here !).

As you are new here we cannot exchange Personal Messages (you need to have 30+ posts; this is to stop idiots flooding the site); however, you can contact me at the following two addresses :

Richard.Brant@Gmail.com

Richard.Brant@Vattenfall.com (this is a new address; moderators please take note). I would suggest sending any message to both addresses; I have to admit to being terrible at checking my email; the ShefieldHistory@Gmail.com address is looked after by a "grown up" for that reason !

Messages here regarding the connection are most welcome but personal information like addresses and living relatives should, of course, be kept private. I've often wondered about the Bible and the people mentioned, hopefully this will start off some further investigation.

To repeat, if you can prove a link to the Bible then you are welcome to it for the cost of postage.

Welcome to SheffieldHistory by the way, hope you can contribute to our collective knowledge of Sheffield long gone.

I hope we can prove some link between the Bible and your family, if so, it is yours for the cost of the postage to you.

Now, its gone Midnight here and sleep is sounding like a good idea.