View From Work

RichardB

I'm working the other side of the wall that this webcam is mounted on; nice bridge, built 1793

http://www.hexham-tyne-bridge.com/

Not forgetting, of course, that the Tyne Bridge in Hexham is not too far away from this. It even gets a mention on Google Maps (although it is in the wrong place on the satellite view). It is actually at the Beaumont Street end of St Mary's Wynd.

nice location, do you wan's an assistant

Bit of a commute from Sheffield: perhaps someone in the north Cumbria area would be better placed lol

Bit of a commute from Sheffield: perhaps someone in the north Cumbria area would be better placed lol

Do you want a lodger lol

Do you want a lodger lol

You would have to sleep in the garden shed, as the spare bedroom is full of books (most of the house is full of books, actually) :o

This is the view out of my office window in Westminster - a modern office building currently used by the MP for Hallam as the venue for his election press briefings.

Bad photo from my phone here's Clegg getting into his posh car!

And the Clegg "battlebus"!

Did I mention the view ? Better than looking at the top of Clegg's head ! :rolleyes:

This is the view out of my office window in Westminster - a modern office building currently used by the MP for Hallam as the venue for his election press briefings.

Hey Dunsby, Westminster is a hell of a long way from Brightside which is where your profile says you live.

Either that mobile phone has got one hell of a telephoto lens or you have an extremely long and stressful commute to work. lol

Now while we are on Politics with the general election only 2 days away it would appear that here in this Labour stronghold in south east Sheffield that Labour, in their latest advertising campain have already shot themselves in the foot and conceded defeat BEFORE the election. :o

Can you spot what is wrong with this advertising poster which was posted on the Park & Arbourthorne WMC (currently closed and up for sale) on City Road?

Answers on a postcard please, - or if the site ever gets back up to speed it may be possible to post them on here.

Now while we are on Politics with the general election only 2 days away it would appear that here in this Labour stronghold in south east Sheffield that Labour, in their latest advertising campain have already shot themselves in the foot and conceded defeat BEFORE the election. :o

Can you spot what is wrong with this advertising poster which was posted on the Park & Arbourthorne WMC (currently closed and up for sale) on City Road?

Nice one !

On a history note - what news of the Liberals in Sheffield ? i.e. the old Liberal Party of 100 years ago.

I mentioned these the other day Richard.

I don't know if they're the previous bridges in the same location before they were replaced.

Tyne Bridge 1887

Hexham Suspension Bridge

A long-gone suspension (toll) bridge that crossed the South Tyne at Warden near Hexham. Built in 1825/26 at a cost of £50,000 (superintending engineer William Clegram) it had a 315ft span. Source: A Biographical Dictionary of Civil Engineers in Great Britain and Ireland, 2002. This photograph was taken in June 1900....and from what I can find out the bridge didn't survive a whole lot longer, the only date I can find so far for it's demolition/replacement is 1901. Looks like the toll booth survived though!

The Warden suspension bridge was about two miles upstream of Hexham: the tollhouse is indeed still standing,

Image from Google Streetview:

Can't get exactly the same angle, unfortunately.

I'm working the other side of the wall that this webcam is mounted on; nice bridge, built 1793

http://www.hexham-tyne-bridge.com/

My "View from Work", well until 25th June anyway :angry:

The roof in the foreground is the former Don Cinema on West Bar, plenty of other buildings to be seen

I suspect I may have won the Best View competition unless anyone has a better view ... shame we don't have a window.

I suspect I may have won the Best View competition unless anyone has a better view ... shame we don't have a window.

A couple of views from my last place of work (unfortunately over a year ago), Keswick Waste Water treatment works:

Coledale, with Eel Crag ahead and Grizedale Pike on the right

Skiddaw

The views were ample compensation for having to work at a sewage works :)

A couple of views from my last place of work (unfortunately over a year ago), Keswick Waste Water treatment works:

Coledale, with Eel Crag ahead and Grizedale Pike on the right

Skiddaw

The views were ample compensation for having to work at a sewage works :)

That's a challenge and again much better than Clegg's bonce. I may still be ahead by a fragrant-nosegay ...

That's a challenge and again much better than Clegg's bonce. I may still be ahead by a fragrant-nosegay ...

yeah but my view is Sheffield

yeah but my view is Sheffield

A good and valid point ! Wish I could pop out for a lunchtime stroll around Sheffields Streets.

A good and valid point ! Wish I could pop out for a lunchtime stroll around Sheffields Streets.

Then you could take some pictures of where you have been and post them on here.

A bit like what Stuart0742, SteveHB, vox and me already do! lol

I usually work from home in Rotherham, but last year I had to visit head office and took these photos from the windows.

Come to think of it, not much of a difference from my usual office view actually :rolleyes:

I usually work from home in Rotherham, but last year I had to visit head office and took these photos from the windows.

Come to think of it, not much of a difference from my usual office view actually :rolleyes:

Rotherham seems to have changed a bit Markbaby lol

where is "head office?"

Rotherham seems to have changed a bit Markbaby lol

where is "head office?"

Looks like Parkgate to me, definitely not Rawmarsh :)

Looks like Parkgate to me, definitely not Rawmarsh :)

OK, so in Rotherham do they have really tall buildings?

Signs which are in eastern asian script (Chinese / Japanese ??)

Drive on the wrong side of the road?

Doesn't look like Rotherham at all to me :unsure:

Answers on a postcard please, - or if the site ever gets back up to speed it may be possible to post them on here.

OK, the election is over and it appears that no one has won at all :blink:

No replies as to how I knew from this poster that Labour were not going to win, although I know it kept Stuart amused until I had to tell him.

Right, here's the answer

The post gives Labour's website as www.labour.org.uk

It's that .org bit. Politically that is definately a losers web address, fit only for the "organisation" that is going to form the opposition.

If they were going to win their web address would have been www.labour.gov.co.uk

A .gov address is an official "government" address.

How can you be the Government unless you have a .gov address? lol