My Computer

Guest skeets

Guest skeets

Has anyone on the forum had anything to do with Paretologic programme it has taken over my computer and added lots of things l do not want, and programmes l do want do not work properly, or not at all . Skeets

Has anyone on the forum had anything to do with Paretologic programme it has taken over my computer and added lots of things l do not want, and programmes l do want do not work properly, or not at all . Skeets

Can't say I know of it Skeets, but if you do a "system restore" to a time before you installed it, you'll be back to normal (Minus Paretologic of course)

Personally I always create a restore point before insalling anything. - Very usefull tool.

Never heard of paretologic until you mentioned it skeets.

A quick search of the Internet reveals it to be a suite of programs rather than just one so it will install lots of things, some of which you may not want.

There are varied reports from users who love it or hate it, have had no trouble or endless problems with it, but I suppose you could expect that of just about any program, including those turned out by MicroSoft.

Most of their software appears to be antivirus / antimalware sort of stuff.

Although there is no evidence to suggest that Paretologic is in any way an unscrupulous company it is well known that lesser known companies offering this type of software try to do so by fear tactics, making you believe that your computer is badly infected and that they can help you when in fact there is no infection at all. So I do recommend that for this type of software you should stick with the bigger, well known, trusted and respected names like Symantec (Norton), McAfee, AGV and Kasperski.

As this is already on your computer and appears to have messed it up a bit then as vox says, unless you have done a restore point or some other form of full system backup BEFORE you installed it then it may be quite difficult to recover from and may require reinstallation of some programs after the removal of paretologic.

I need some help now

Since all the "new site problems" which I don't need to go back over, I ve been using IE as well as FF

I just (earlier today) installed IE8 thinking it may be better for Sheff Hist. Total cock up.

It was slow, jumpy, didn't display properly Blah blah --

Anyway, I system Restored and went back to IE7

Now I've lost the menus from the top of the page. Edit - View - History etc.

All I've got is this

Right click on the toolbar only gives me options for the AVG bar.

Any ideas?

I need some help now

Since all the "new site problems" which I don't need to go back over, I ve been using IE as well as FF

I just (earlier today) installed IE8 thinking it may be better for Sheff Hist. Total cock up.

All I've got is this

Any ideas?

I'm presuming that IE7 is your default browser,

the screen shot shows the google search page, can you open explorers main page?

First I would download and save but not run IE7 just to be on the safe side,

then run this Microsoft Fix it 50157

This seems to be a common fault ...... Can I suggest you go back into System Restore where you should have the option to Undo my last restoration ,,,, let the PC roll back to when IE8 was installed and then follow the instructions (in the link below) for the removal of IE8 ,this then should restore IE7 to its previous state ....... take care that you follow the insructions for the your correct operating system.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/

I need some help now

All I've got is this

Any ideas?

I need some help now

All I've got is this

Any ideas?

I have run IE8 since it came out & had no problems. I also use Regcure from Paratologic again with no problems.

John

Thanks to all for the fix suggestions.

I'll have a bash sometime over the next few days and let you know what happens.

FF is my default by the way Steve, so its not an urgent problem.

Thanks to all for the fix suggestions.

I'll have a bash sometime over the next few days and let you know what happens.

FF is my default by the way Steve, so its not an urgent problem.

Have you tried pressing F11. It looks like you are in full screen mode.

I have run IE8 since it came out & had no problems. I also use Regcure from Paratologic again with no problems.

John

Likewise, I have had no problems with IE8 or with FF 3.6 that have been the fault of the actual browser.

But sometimes plug ins and extra bits like Shockwave and Java have caused problems because they get out of date so quickly.