Susannah Vittie (Vitty)

Guest nicolajr

Guest nicolajr

Would anyone please be able to help me in finding the birth of Susannah? I think she was born in November 1811 in Sheffield, and that her father was Bryan Vittie. I'm really interested in her mother's name as after marrying Alfred Beckett in 1838 their two eldest sons were called Joseph Shaw Beckett and James Smith Beckett and I have no idea where either the Shaw or the Smith bits came from.

Thanks

Nicola

Would anyone please be able to help me in finding the birth of Susannah? I think she was born in November 1811 in Sheffield, and that her father was Bryan Vittie. I'm really interested in her mother's name as after marrying Alfred Beckett in 1838 their two eldest sons were called Joseph Shaw Beckett and James Smith Beckett and I have no idea where either the Shaw or the Smith bits came from.

Thanks

Nicola

Tried a while - not finding anything at all.

Thanks, I appreciate the effort.

Probably just three directories that might help, 1780's-1810's; plus whatever there is in Baptism recrods.

I'm pre-occupied with trying to get back into work - interview Wednesday - here's hoping someone else can come up with some leads ....

Guest nicolajr

Probably just three directories that might help, 1780's-1810's; plus whatever there is in Baptism recrods.

I'm pre-occupied with trying to get back into work - interview Wednesday - here's hoping someone else can come up with some leads ....

Good luck with the job hunting, my husband is doing the same thing and I know it is a soul destroying task.

Just came accross one possible extra piece of information on Susannah, I think her family may have been Unitarians. No idea where their records are held but if anyone out there has any ideas I would be very grateful.