Whistle For Under £16 !

RichardB

Seeing a large man trying on a jacket, I eased along after it failed to fit him, he said "I thought they might have these in a Mans size !"

Anyway, Thanks to Tesco, I'm not the proud(ish) owner of a suit for £15.50 - 50 inch chest, just perfect, 22 inch waist (each side. obviously).

As the checkout girl swiped it, she said "That's good value !" then fell about laughing as I said

"Yes, it's a lot of cloth".

Trousers will last 1 day, jacket will be pristine in 37 years time ...

Probably matches my car, which is infamously "Greener and has more doors" ... he he

Cartoon-style figures of me will be accepted without offense being taken - matter of fact, fill yer boots ! he he

Big, baldy and with a sense of humour ...

Trousers will last 1 day.

That day is tomorrow when I have my interview in London ... interview delayed till 12:30 from 11 am (after I booked a taxi for 6 am).

£266 return ticket on the train, it was Pounds, shillings and pence last time I was on a train - I wanted part ownership of the network !

Cartoon-style figures of me will be accepted without offense being taken - matter of fact, fill yer boots ! he he

Big, baldy and with a sense of humour ...

Good luck big man!

Fingers crossed for you at 12:30 Richard.

A

And good luck from me. I have only ever had two job interviews, both successfull I may add. Don`t remember much about them now apart from the pop music of the time playing on the radio whilst waiting in reception, the first was Running Bear, and the second Summer in the City. W/E.

That day is tomorrow when I have my interview in London ... interview delayed till 12:30 from 11 am (after I booked a taxi for 6 am).

£266 return ticket on the train, it was Pounds, shillings and pence last time I was on a train - I wanted part ownership of the network !

Hope it went well, and if it didn't illigitibus nil carborundum !

I hope they were paying for the rail ticket !

Hilldweller.

Hilldweller.

The suit survived !!!

They will refund the cost of the rail ticket.

Oh, and I await a contract for some work hopefully starting 12th April :rolleyes:

Part time, but at a daily rate that makes it all worthwhile; at 3 days a week I can almost make as much as when I worked full-time.

Many Thanks to one and all for your Best Wishes and Good Luck messages.

The suit survived !!!

They will refund the cost of the rail ticket.

Oh, and I await a contract for some work hopefully starting 12th April :rolleyes:

Part time, but at a daily rate that makes it all worthwhile; at 3 days a week I can almost make as much as when I worked full-time.

Nice one Richard ;-)

Hilldweller.

I never did Latin at school but I am going to Italy this summer.

I think I can translate this, -

Don't let the b******s grind you down

lol

Nice one Richard ;-)

Thank you. Boy, was I nervous - not had an interview as such since 1986; not quite as nervous as the wife who had an interview last year - her first since May 1967.

The HR person (been in the job three weeks) was bewildered, she'd never seen anything like it. The Head of Business Services and me were former work colleagues and it must have sounded like we were speaking in tongues to her. I have to email my CV to them because they still haven't seen it !

Good - I was getting cramp in my fingers.:)

Good - I was getting cramp in my fingers.:)

17s and thruppence ha'penny a week, sounds good to me ...

An old colleague of mine told me many years ago about the time he was stood in the courtyard area of "The Stonehouse" pub. A young man walked in wearing a lime green suit, bought a pint, and stood with his mates under the lampost. After a while, my colleague noticed a glint in the air as a full pint of beer arced across the roof. The next thing he saw was an angry young man stood under the lampost, wearing a DARK green suit ! lol

sorry couldn't resist using paintshop pro's colour replacer tool

An old colleague of mine told me many years ago about the time he was stood in the courtyard area of "The Stonehouse" pub. A young man walked in wearing a lime green suit, bought a pint, and stood with his mates under the lampost. After a while, my colleague noticed a glint in the air as a full pint of beer arced across the roof. The next thing he saw was an angry young man stood under the lampost, wearing a DARK green suit ! lol

sorry couldn't resist using paintshop pro's colour replacer tool

I have a Homer-like girth, however, my chest is bigger than my belly. I do have hair though when it's number three shaved you would have difficulty grasping my bonce-coverage between yer fingers. Eyebrows and nose-hairs profuse ...

The suit in question is actually a nice very dark thing with a subtle stripe but that's not amusing so we will carry on with green.

Certainly glasses involved, I've worn them since September 1977 (not the same pair. but potential for Disco-Outfreakage on the glasses).

Arms, legs, heads etc = normal quantity of each though don't let that stop you.

So updated RichardB images requested :rolleyes: