Jump to content

WEST BAR - Sheffield City Centre


Recommended Posts

RichardS

I only have a very vague recollection of those buildings being up. The building next door (on the left in pic) is now flats and a very good curry house underneath, Seven Spices balti.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Sheffield History
2 minutes ago, RichardS said:

I only have a very vague recollection of those buildings being up. The building next door (on the left in pic) is now flats and a very good curry house underneath, Seven Spices balti.

 


Good call - I love Seven Spices!

Link to post
Share on other sites
leksand
41 minutes ago, Sheffield History said:

Screenshot 2021-01-16 at 14.34.50.jpg

They appeared to have a very succesful fire engine breeding programme running on that patch of ground a few years ago.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Sheffield History

Screenshot 2021-01-16 at 15.30.18.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-16 at 15.34.49.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-16 at 15.37.09.jpg

 

Does anyone recall a vets on West Bar in the late 70s?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sheffield History said:

Screenshot 2021-01-16 at 15.30.18.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-16 at 15.34.49.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-16 at 15.37.09.jpg

 

Does anyone recall a vets on West Bar in the late 70s?

 

Walker Leslie & Fletcher No.98 West Bar near top of Corporation St.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sheffield History
1 minute ago, neddy said:

Walker Leslie & Fletcher No.98 West Bar near top of Corporation St.


That's what I was after thank you so much!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sheffield History said:

Screenshot 2021-01-16 at 17.33.48.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-16 at 17.58.13.jpg


Is this it?

Up hill and round the front between Corporation St. and Steelhouse Lane.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Sheffield History
16 minutes ago, neddy said:

Up hill and round the front between Corporation St. and Steelhouse Lane.



On maps the archway on corporation street seems to lead into there too - could be back entrance?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...