Izal Factory

Guest katew

Guest katew

Hello i am new to this forum so apolgies in advance if i have put this post in the wrong place.We are looking into my husbands side of the family and any information or photos would be great.We are interested in the surnames of Kirkham and Bates.My husbands grandad worked at the izal factory his name was Harry Kirkham.We have also been told that maybe some of the Kirkham family helped to build the chapeltown railway arches we have tried to look into this but not had any luck.My husband also had great grandparents surname of Bates, who lived in a cottage on cowley lane.Thank you.

Hello i am new to this forum so apolgies in advance if i have put this post in the wrong place.We are looking into my husbands side of the family and any information or photos would be great.We are interested in the surnames of Kirkham and Bates.My husbands grandad worked at the izal factory his name was Harry Kirkham.We have also been told that maybe some of the Kirkham family helped to build the chapeltown railway arches we have tried to look into this but not had any luck.My husband also had great grandparents surname of Bates, who lived in a cottage on cowley lane.Thank you.

Welcome to the Site Katew, try here for some information on Newton & Chambers the makers of Izal.

Welcome to the Site Katew, try here for some information on Newton & Chambers the makers of Izal.

Does it mention the special Adolf Hitler Toilet Paper?:)

• Like 1

Does it mention the special Adolf Hitler Toilet Paper?:)

I certainly mentioned it on that thread; still not sure if we have a picture ... I think "Aspects of Sheffield 2" has a Chapter on Newton Wottsit.