Fingers Crossed

RichardB

Hoping (possibly against hope) to have some paid employment within the next week or so, getting on my nerves now.

Hoping (possibly against hope) to have some paid employment within the next week or so, getting on my nerves now.

Good luck Richard, hope all goes well.

Nice one take it gently don't do to much to soon..

Good look Richard.

It has taken my 20 year old son the best part of a year to find work, and not through lack of trying, so I know its not easy, and for an older man with a family and financial commitments unemployment can be devastating.

Hope all goes well for you.

Interview on the 31st in London ! It's a long walk from here, bit like The Jarrow March.

Interview on the 31st in London ! It's a long walk from here, bit like The Jarrow March.

You live in Tyne & Wear :mellow:

The interview is in London <_<

So where the hell is the job?? :blink:

Is it in a place called "Jepardy" as I once read in a newspaper that there were 10,000 jobs there lol

You live in Tyne & Wear :mellow:

The interview is in London <_<

So where the hell is the job?? :blink:

Is it in a place called "Jepardy" as I once read in a newspaper that there were 10,000 jobs there lol

Job is based in Hexham with sites in London, Thanet, Hull and the Isle of Syke, that's international companies for you ...

Job is based in Hexham with sites in London, Thanet, Hull and the Isle of Syke, that's international companies for you ...

So Hexham would be your "local" one.

But with your luck, you're bound to get a position on the most remote one, - Isle of Skye.

and when you're stuck up there in the remote barren far north I bet there is no easy Internet connection to Sheffield History :angry:

So Hexham would be your "local" one.

But with your luck, you're bound to get a position on the most remote one, - Isle of Skye.

and when you're stuck up there in the remote barren far north I bet there is no easy Internet connection to Sheffield History :angry:

The Hexham one is the main office, it involves supporting all other sites plus deliveries to Syke and others; given that the company is heavily involved with offshore wind farms the chances are other, new, sites will be equally remote. London is just overpaid ^%$£$%$* sitting in expensive office space.

Been a long while since I've been to Syke ... 30 years to be precise.

The Hexham one is the main office, it involves supporting all other sites plus deliveries to Syke and others; given that the company is heavily involved with offshore wind farms the chances are other, new, sites will be equally remote. London is just overpaid ^%$£$%$* sitting in expensive office space.

Been a long while since I've been to Syke ... 30 years to be precise.

Think there might be some consternation if you send stuff to Syke rather than Skye, RichardB!!! lol

Think there might be some consternation if you send stuff to Syke rather than Skye, RichardB!!! lol

So when you went there 30 years ago where exactly did you go? :huh:

I have never heard of Syke, - where is it? :unsure:

I know where Skye is though, - and even where the sky is ;-)

http://www.skye.co.uk/heritage.php

Looks like a few of our members could fit in there so we might need a thread covering it..

A vibrant diversity

of heritage from

fossilised dinosaur

footprints and Neolithic

chambered cairns, to

historic settlements and

bloody clan battles

So when you went there 30 years ago where exactly did you go? :huh:

I have never heard of Syke, - where is it? :unsure:

I know where Skye is though, - and even where the sky is ;-)

I went via Skye to Rassey; Syke I believe was a case of DID - Drink Inspired Dyslexia ...

http://www.skye.co.uk/heritage.php

Looks like a few of our members could fit in there so we might need a thread covering it..

A vibrant diversity

of heritage from

fossilised dinosaur

footprints and Neolithic

chambered cairns, to

historic settlements and

bloody clan battles

Surprised to hear of any fossils on Skye; thought the whole place was metamorphic; igneous at least; amazed at sedimentary rock surviving there. My trip to Rassay/Rassey however you spell it was a geological fieldtrip.

London is just overpaid ^%$£$%$* sitting in expensive office space.

That's me ! :)Fancy a coffee? Where's your interview venue?