New Look

jmdee

Although I am getting used to the new look, I miss the photo gallery feature. Or is it just hidden and lurking somewhere?

It's just hidden - will be enabling it shortly

Glad you like the new look - there's loads of new features too

It's just hidden - will be enabling it shortly

Glad you like the new look - there's loads of new features too

The photo gallery that we had prior to the recent change over was visible to all (non members) on the net,

and I do know that some of our members had issues regarding this, ie: not wanting personal images openly broadcast.

Is there a way of setting the gallery up so that it can only be viewed by site members please?

Gosh - it looks very different and forgive me, but this is the first time I have been in since the "New Look" : I realise its Mothers Day and also I may be having a blonde moment, but where is 'My Assistant' located now??? :huh:

Below the main banner on the site - a couple of rows down - just under the ad's

Apologies for having to come back on this one - but I am still not seeing it (called Hubby over to have a look and he can't see it either)! Is it still called 'My Assistant'? Do I need to change something in my browser to enable me to see it?

Apologies for having to come back on this one - but I am still not seeing it (called Hubby over to have a look and he can't see it either)! Is it still called 'My Assistant'? Do I need to change something in my browser to enable me to see it?

Hi suzy,

I do remember what was called 'My Assistant'

but do not seem to remember what it was used for?

can you explain please.

Hi suzy,

I do remember what was called 'My Assistant'

but do not seem to remember what it was used for?

can you explain please.

Hi Steve : I personally used it to view my own last posts (think it was the last ten?), so I could go straight into my postings and then view what replies had been received to them and subsequent comments, etc. It really was very useful, particularly if, like me, you don't log in every day - it was a good refresher for those of us whose memory is not as good as it used to be!!

Hope this helps.

Hi Steve : I personally used it to view my own last posts (think it was the last ten?), so I could go straight into my postings and then view what replies had been received to them and subsequent comments, etc. It really was very useful, particularly if, like me, you don't log in every day - it was a good refresher for those of us whose memory is not as good as it used to be!!

Hope this helps.

Right there is more than one way you can find your own posts and Topics,

one way is whare ADMIN said near the top of the page,

click on 'Signed in as suzy' that will take you into your profile and you will see find Topics & posts just below your photo.

Right there is more than one way you can find your own posts and Topics,

one way is whare ADMIN said near the top of the page,

click on 'Signed in as suzy' that will take you into your profile and you will see find Topics & posts just below your photo.

Another way is by clicking on the very tiny icon next to your neme (see below)

that will open up an oblong box and at the bottom of that box are two icons.

one is for viewing your posts - the other for your Topics.

can anyone who has experienced errors with the site since the upgrade please try now and let me know if it's all sorted for you ?

Neil

Another way is by clicking on the very tiny icon next to your neme (see below)

that will open up an oblong box and at the bottom of that box are two icons.

one is for viewing your posts - the other for your Topics.

FANTASTIC lol

Got it now - many thanks. I was going to have to race round to the Opticians tomorrow, having not found the words 'My Assistant' he he

can anyone who has experienced errors with the site since the upgrade please try now and let me know if it's all sorted for you ?

Neil

Hi Neil

Have you addressed the issue by Henry Pond under the 'Introductions & Site Suggestions' header regarding viewing more than the last 24 hours in the View New Content icon :

"on the new site it doesn't seem to work like that anymore it just shows a standard preset previous 24 hours regardless of how long it was since you last logged in. "

Realise the icon would need to be renamed as one could argue that it is no longer 'New Content' if its not been posted in the last 24 hours :)

Right - I'll have a look at that one too

Hopefully we can get this site exactly how we want it !