Arrrrggggg ! Not a message you'd like to see!

dunsbyowl1867

Upgrade Fallout!

Not Found

The requested URL /cgi-bin/pi...ff.refno=s21888 was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at www.picturesheffield.com Port 80

Is it just me - or have all the Picture Sheffield links gone ?

A bit of a blow that one!!:o

Upgrade Fallout!

Not Found

The requested URL /cgi-bin/pi...ff.refno=s21888 was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at www.picturesheffield.com Port 80

Is it just me - or have all the Picture Sheffield links gone ?

A bit of a blow that one!!:o

Looks like it Paul,

Just checked on another site and picturesheffield is loading OK.

Your error message is in Firefox, I get this in Internet Explorer ..

:(

Looks like it Paul,

Just checked on another site and picturesheffield is loading OK.

Your error message is in Firefox, I get this in Internet Explorer ..

:(

Prompted by Richard's Flood anniversary topic I had a look on here at other stuff about the flood .

There were broken links on there, but at the time I put them down to web-pages which probably no longer existed.

Going to the links by other means still works.

Seems like the same problem there then.

Prompted by Richard's Flood anniversary topic I had a look on here at other stuff about the flood .

There were broken links on there, but at the time I put them down to web-pages which probably no longer existed.

Going to the links by other means still works.

Seems like the same problem there then.

Just had a look around BBC links have gone & links to Star site also. :angry:

Just had a look at Richard's Sheffield Charter topic in History Chat. Syrup posted an internal link, but click on it and you get

Not Found

The requested URL /forums/i...rnivals+Charter was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.42 Server at www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk Port 80

Just had a look around BBC links have gone & links to Star site also. :angry:

I have also been checking and it appears that links to numerous web sites are dead,

lets hope ADMIN can make some adjustments in his control panel that will bring back/allow access to these links.

Looks like the browsers are picking up the display URL rather than the underlying link.

the "1950's Ordnance Survey Maps" thread has a link back oi the maps thread. it displays, and tries to go to the shortened (and invalid) url, but looking at the page source the full (working) url is in there. My htlm isn't up to working out why it's not picked up properly.

Whilst we're here ... why do some are quotes not highlighted in some threads - they're just prefixed by "QUOTE".

and...

where's the option to just display a list of the posts from the last day/week/month - it was useful for just catching up rather than trawling each forum.

Looks like the browsers are picking up the display URL rather than the underlying link.

the "1950's Ordnance Survey Maps" thread has a link back oi the maps thread. it displays, and tries to go to the shortened (and invalid) url, but looking at the page source the full (working) url is in there. My htlm isn't up to working out why it's not picked up properly.

Whilst we're here ... why do some are quotes not highlighted in some threads - they're just prefixed by "QUOTE".

and...

where's the option to just display a list of the posts from the last day/week/month - it was useful for just catching up rather than trawling each forum.

Try the top right of the home page in that first blue band.

Along with the guidelines and ettiquette is the "view new content" which gives the posts from the last 24 hours.

Beyond that, not sure how to get all the previous week / month though. Never knew you could, - not even on the old site.

Try the top right of the home page in that first blue band.

Along with the guidelines and ettiquette is the "view new content" which gives the posts from the last 24 hours.

Beyond that, not sure how to get all the previous week / month though. Never knew you could, - not even on the old site.

It was something down at the bottom of the page, maybe it only appeared in conjunction with the 'new posts' selection. Whatever, it was really useful for someone like me who uses multiple computers, and often only logs in when I have something to say.

It was something down at the bottom of the page, maybe it only appeared in conjunction with the 'new posts' selection. Whatever, it was really useful for someone like me who uses multiple computers, and often only logs in when I have something to say.

Yes, that was the "my new posts" link.

It was only there when you logged in and it displayed all the topics with new posts since you previously logged in, - however long ago it was.

So if you logged in every day it would show that days.

But if you logged in once a month it would display that months.

..and you're right, - on the new site it doesn't seem to work like that anymore it just shows a standard preset previous 24 hours regardless of how long it was since you last logged in.

Is anyone doing anything about sorting these problems out? Cannot now navigate the pub pages.I am trying to post more pictures but cannot find anything. Why was the site changed?

Is anyone doing anything about sorting these problems out? Cannot now navigate the pub pages.I am trying to post more pictures but cannot find anything. Why was the site changed?

Admin is on the task (he's the only one with the rights to do that); site was updated to help sort out security issues etc - not sure if the "new look" is permanent or if we return to "estalished look" - main thing, as you imply, is to get the problems sorted out.

Agree with Henry on this one - I also found it really useful for catching up too. ;-)