Billy Manders ; Quaintesse

hougomont

I am delving back into my ageing 80 year old memory to a stage show which was regularly staged at the Montgomery Hall Surrey St, called if I have got it right Billy Manders Quaintesse.The tickets were free obtainable at chip shops, sweet shops and similar, please don't jump on me if I have got it wrong, has anyone any information?

Again I stand correcting but it seemed to be an entertainment for children in afternoons.

I am delving back into my ageing 80 year old memory to a stage show which was regularly staged at the Montgomery Hall Surrey St, called if I have got it right Billy Manders Quaintesse.The tickets were free obtainable at chip shops, sweet shops and similar, please don't jump on me if I have got it wrong, has anyone any information?

Again I stand correcting but it seemed to be an entertainment for children in afternoons.

billy manders quaintesques

Seems to be out of Rhyl

Page 4

As a child in the 50s I holidayed in Rhyl with my parents and sister Marilyn. Every evening we went to a "show". We loved the Billy Manders shows with the lovely costumes of the show girls.

Look for Betty Driver, or search for Manders (not very far down the text)

Guest roy.wainwright

I'm 83 and fondly recall visiting the Montgomery Hall to see Billy Manders' 'Quaintessques'. He lived in a bungalow on the front in Rhyl and I saw many of his shows when on holiday there with my parents at the promenade theatre which seemed to be used exclusively by his company.

Another entertainment troupe at an open air theatre in Rhyl at that time was managed by Will Parkin with comedian Will Blue, now completely forgotten (except by me).