My MGB Roadster

mickjj

Here are a few pictures of my 1970 MGB Roadster. This is what I work on in my spare time or when I am not browsing this site.

When I went looking to buy one i had decided that it had to be a chrome bumber model (pre 1975) as you say it is more of a classic look.

I was banned from driving for a year back in 1977 - it was awful.

When it came close to the end of the ban I started looking around for a car and found out that one of guys I worked with was selling his MGB GT. Did the deal and sad git that I was, I arranged to meet him when he was on the night shift to pick up the car the evening before the ban came to an end. Sat in it until one minute past midnight then took my first taste of 'freedom' for twelve months.

Drove out from hillsborough all the way up Rivelin Valley and came back via Crosspool.

One of the best cars I ever owned - unfortunatly marriage came along and as well as need ing the cash decided a more 'sensible' car was needed to carry all the DIY stuff one needs when doing up the first house - talk about sublime to the ridiculous - ended up with a Morris Marina!

What year was the GT??

If memory serves me it was around 66 or 67 - it was a Mark I - not the later Mark II.

Certainly had the steel bumpers, original leather seats etc.

One of the previous owners had been a taxi driver and he had it resprayed in that distinctive taxi black, which i understand was only available for taxis back in those days - looked great when it was clean but it was a b***er to keep it like that.

The 66-68 model was a great car with the steel dashboard and full leather. Did it have the sunroof ? and do you have any pictures??