Ecclesfield Diary

Stuart0742

We have received this by email, anybody interested. If so contact me by PM for Lyn's email address

I have a photocopy of An Old Ecclesfield Diary edited and written c 1920 by Thomas Winder. This is now out of copyright as I did check sometime ago with the Local Studies Library. There are a few entries on the Sheffindexers website http://www.sheffieldindexers.com/CherishedMemoriesIndex.html scroll down for Grenoside. I'm quite willing to loan it to someone to ?scan it in. It could be transcribed but the big problem would be that if you keep to the writing of the 1700/1800s then a spell check would totally take away the character of it and it is difficult to transcribe too as I found out by doing just a little. I'm in Sheffield if anyone wanted to take on the job and I will be attending the Local History Fair in Sheffield at Norfolk Park - I think it is 16th April. Lyn

As my family are all from Ecclesfield dating to the 1600s I find this very interesting but honestly doubt that I would be any good at doing the transcribing as it is not something that I have ever done. Looking on the Sheffield Indexers site one of my relations Jos Windle's death is mentioned.

I have a complete old copy of the Old Ecclesfield Diary and am happy to provide lookups and copies if anyone would like.