TODAY !!!! - MEMBERS MEET UP - PLEASE READ !!

GrinderBloke

Not a problem

I'll be dishing out my mobile number to everyone at some point so we will always be available no matter where we are at the time

It should be a great day - especially if the weather is like it is today !

Right - time for a rollcall

Also - is it worth planning a route for the day ?

I will be there but heavily jet lagged so you might have to keep prodding me to wake me up lol

I'm flying back to the UK tonight. I'm only in town for a week and have a lot of dashing about to do......but I will certainly TRY to make the meeting on Saturday.

As I understand it, it's the Fat Cat any time after 12.30. Any idea what kinda time you'll be heading off on walkabout from there? If I'm bringing my friend, she'll have been on nights and won't want to get up too early, so it may be nearer 1.30 - 2pm before we get there.

I don't think we will be rushing off anywhere very quickly, a couple of people have said they will be a little late joining us.

Right - time for a rollcall

Also - is it worth planning a route for the day ?

Hi fellow SH's i'm not to good on the walking part but i am willing to drive any one to further destinations if it is needed

and i will be there between 1230 and 1300 if any one needs picking up.

Hi fellow SH's i'm not to good on the walking part but i am willing to drive any one to further destinations if it is needed

and i will be there between 1230 and 1300 if any one needs picking up.

Not gonna make it, sorry, just an idea, when you split up, go in different directions, someone down Corporation Street, someone along West Bar, someone head up Scotland Street, someone down the Wicker, someone along Campo Lane etc etc - think how many postings you could generate from one afternoon ! Plus there are all the outstanding requests for photos of various places. e.g. Leah's Yard.

I'll shut up now, and wish you all the very best for a great meetup :rolleyes:

Book exchange, "articles" too, programs, tickets, souveniors, theatre programmes from 1734, footie programes from 1954, any kinda family picture featuring a building, funny pictures of your Aut Flo, "stuff" - very easy to take back on the day for the "locals", easy to take pictures of for the benefit of the non-locals; indeed for the greater benefit of the very non-locals e.g. the Canucks .... fat Geordie blokes etc lol (I am an Upperthorpe/Walkley/Hillsborough fat bloke in the greater history sense)

SORRY I CAN'T BI WITH YU BUT IVE GOT SHEFFY FAMILY CUMMIN DOWN TO A VICTORIAN WEEKEND BUT ALL WHO TURN UP HAVE A GREAT TIME AND HOPE THERES A NEXT TIME

Since some of you are visiting the Fat Cat, have a look at the sides of the building, see if there is any kind of enamel sign; if there is, please discuss what is incorrect about it; if there isn't a sign; don't discuss ...

Looks like I am travelling by train to Sheffield (Mrs Grinder is booked in for some serious dental work on Friday so doesn't think she will be feeling like chauffeuring me to Sheffield)

Train arrives at Midland station about midday so I may just walk down to the Fat Cat, if however the train is late, where is the nearest place to get on the tram, and which stop do I need for The Fat Cat.

I've never been on the tram in Sheffield, I was born in 1962 and I left Sheffield before the new system started operation.

See you all on Saturday.

The trams go from the train station itself - or you can walk across to catch it where the hole in the road used to be

You need to get the tram and get off at the bottom of Netherthorpe Road and walk across the road and down to the Fat Cat

You will absolutely LOVE the supertram - it's fantastic

Just so you know what I look like when you get there this is me:

You can't miss me - 6 foot 2 and shaved head

lol

Guest tsavo

Don't know if this is of any interest, but just found it on the BBC News site. Have a great day!

Warship veterans gather in city

Veterans are gathering to mark the events of 25 years ago

Survivors of HMS Sheffield which was hit by an Exocet missile in the Falklands war exactly 25 years ago are in the steel city for a reunion.

The Type 42 Destroyer was the first British warship to be lost in action since World War II. She was hit by a missile on 4 May 1982.

Twenty men were killed and 26 suffered blast and burn injuries.

Veterans who served on the ship will be taking part in social events, a parade and a church service over the weekend.

Efforts to put out the fire failed and the order was given to abandon the vessel in the South Atlantic.

The ship continued to burn fiercely for another two days.

A salvage attempt failed and the ship eventually sank while efforts were under way to tow her away from the Falklands.

More than 70 of those who were on board, along with family and friends, will be in Sheffield for the commemorative weekend.

Guest tsavo

You can't miss me - 6 foot 2 and shaved head

lol

Hi Admin, looking at the pic and reading your height, I reckon I got your share of hair and you got my missing inches!

You can't miss me - I have a 6 foot 2 shaved head, no legs ...

lol

Booooooo everyone picking on me

lol

You should think yourself lucky i should be 7ft 4in acording to my weight!!!!

You should think yourself lucky i should be 7ft 4in acording to my weight!!!!

I suspect I should be the tallest amongst us on this score, I also have a head like a baked potato lol

I've been described as a huge baked potato with extensive eyebrows myself by a pal, he's terrified by me though, so I just stuck out a finger, pretending to poke him in the belly - he has a bad back, so I don't need to actually touch him, just to make a movement - he's older than me, ought to know better lol

Guest detrius

Ahh

Ya buggers - wish i could be there,hopefully we can arrange one in late august when i get back up to sheffield.Would love some sort of get together for all who remember Attercliffe.Any Ideas please let me know

Have a reight good time all

Andy m

Guest detrius

OooooHHH

Alos any chance of gettin a T-shirt.oh would you have them for sale at some stage !!!!!!!!!!

Andy M