TODAY !!!! - MEMBERS MEET UP - PLEASE READ !!

GrinderBloke

This all seems to be getting a bit tight!

Are others OK knowing it is a bank holiday weekend?

Maybe the Saturday would be best, if Wednesday are at home on the Sunday?

Everyone OK with meeting at The Fat Cat?

oooooh. I don't know!!!

Meeting folk of the internet is seedy,

Will I be safe?

The General

I've been to America twice to meet internet friends (mind you, I was pretty sure of them, been great friends for 8 years now, looking forward, money/work providing to going back a third time); I hope I will be safe in Sheffield, but at 6 foot, 19 stone and with a fifty-inch chest ... will i be safe :rolleyes: and more importantly, will my T-Shirt fit ???

What time is this kicking off?

I work half days on saturdays you see.

Time hasn't been discussed yet, but as we (speaking for myself not SH) want as many people to attend as possible I guess we will be as flexible as possible to accommodate all.

Do you work mornings, afternoons, or evenings on a Saturday?

I work from 08:00 'til about 13:00.. so by the time I get home, changed and in the car I can be in the City for around 14:00.

I'm sure that if everyone exchanges mobiles beforehand it will be easy for everyone to meet up at some point..

Guest tsavo

I'm beginning to feel a little jealous as I can't be there. Plese though, save me a T shirt! My better half says I need a large. (for comfort)

No problem !

I'll take plenty of pics and video too so you'll feel like you were there anyway..

I'm sure that if everyone exchanges mobiles beforehand it will be easy for everyone to meet up at some point..

Thats not a bad Idea.

Can we have somewhere on here where we can post our mobile no's (safely..ish) or what about one person leaving there no so we can all ring that one to find out where you are.

And dont take all the good shots til I get there!! lol

Guest transit

We can do a mobile phone number exchange via either email or private messages on here ?

Sorry - But have to laff - never had any of this hassle arranging a wee wee-up back in the 70"s !!!!!!!!!!

Sorry - But have to laff - never had any of this hassle arranging a piss-up back in the 70"s !!!!!!!!!!

We have moved on since the seventies.

My mam used to have a whistle next to the phone, so if a "heavey breather" (why were we all bothered about asthmatics) called, she could the blow down the phone and hurt his ears to teach him a lesson.

These days we are just careful who we give our numbers too...hence not giving them out on a public forum.

I suppose I could tell you my number...its 0786.....hold on, better get me mams whistle first!

OK I am finally geting my act together and sorting out what will be happening when I am over. One of the reasons I am making the trip is to be at a milestone birthday(I won't say which one) for my best mate. I was informed yesterday that there is a big dinner happening for him on the Sunday after the match so that means the only chance I have of making the meet is if it is on Saturday May 5th. Does this work for anyone else??????

OK I am finally geting my act together and sorting out what will be happening when I am over. One of the reasons I am making the trip is to be at a milestone birthday(I won't say which one) for my best mate. I was informed yesterday that there is a big dinner happening for him on the Sunday after the match so that means the only chance I have of making the meet is if it is on Saturday May 5th. Does this work for anyone else??????

Saturday the 5th May looks to be the agreed day/date mickjj

Good for me as I can catch the train rather than dragging Mrs Grinder all the way to Sheffeld

I'm hoping we can meet at The Fat Cat on Alma Street, for a natter, a pint or two of Sheffield ale

Before going on a bit of a photographic tour. Course this will depend upon people who still live in Sheffield showing us expats where we are going ;-)

OK as the date is getting close thought I'd better put another list together:

GrinderBloke

deejayone

ADMIN (and his T shirts)

phil06

knightstemplar

The General

Sandroulla

knightstemplar

mickjj

Hjdary

tsavo (in spirit, in T shirt, if not in person)

syrup

Saturday 5th May 2007 that is a week today

Venue is The Fat Cat on Alma Street, next door to Kelham Island Museum

Street Map:

http://streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X...amp;A=Y&Z=1

OS Map:

http://streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X...amp;A=Y&Z=3

May I suggest we start to gather around 12:30 in the large, no smoking room directly opposite the bar (as you walk into The Fat Cat you are faced with two doors, the one on your right takes you into the smoking area, go through the door directly in from of you... the bar / serving hatch is immediately on your right, the no smoking room is opposite the bar through the door on your right.)

If I remember correctly food is served on a Saturday from about Midday until 14:30 so plenty of time to grab a drink and some reasonably priced food (inc usually a couple of home made veggie options). These times should allow Hjdary to get across from Rotherham after working Saturday AM.

Then maybe a bit of a walk around with cameras to grab a few photos.

What would be really good, if you could maybe get a photo or two of the places people who for whatever reason cannot make the meeting, would like to see again?

Course if any feels any of the above needs changing, I'm listening

edit: Fat Cat serves food on a Saturday from 12:00 - 20:00!

http://www.thefatcat.co.uk/foodmenu/foodmenu.htm

Oooer, I'm starting to feel a bit nervous - its looking like a bit of a lads day out - can I bring a friend for moral support ?

Sandroulla I'm hoping Mrs Grinder will be able to join us but, she is currently studying for professional exams so may have concentrate on that.

Bring a friend along for moral support, maybe SH will get an additional member.