Sheffield three man trapeze act from the 1960s

Waterside Echo

I should not think there was much of a demand for trapeze artists in Sheffield, anyone know anything about these three ? They were later known as the Flying Delgadoes. W/E.

I should not think there was much of a demand for trapeze artists in Sheffield, anyone know anything about these three ? They were later known as the Flying Delgadoes. W/E.

I can remember 'just' Jack Fowler doing tapeze tricks on the climbing frame at Hillfoot, according to D. White they may have been a figment of Fred's comical immagination. lol

Wasn't this some kind of comedy sketch by Chic Murray ? The Hunt, Lunt and Cunningham bit I mean ...

http://www.transdiffusion.org/emc/tvheroes..._remembered.php

Chic was often funnier off stage than on, although, as I’ve said before, you could be excused for confusing the two. While everyone remembers how great he was, let’s not forget that he could be less than good on occasions. These occasions were usually restricted to the television Variety appearances, where he had to condense his act to the allotted two or three minutes .

Talent like his needs room to breathe and, like Billy Connolly, he was particularly good on chat shows. He was memorable on the BBC Saturday tea time show, “Dee Time” with Simon Dee. The not-terribly-good presenter fell into Chic’s trap when he tried to repeat the name of the French Polishers that Chic said he had once worked for: Hunt, Lunt & Cunningham.