Heeley Railway bridge

Guest RichS

Just been down to B&Q (hey its sunday and DIY day) and i was sat in traffic under the bridge and wondered when it was singled. Looking at the bridge stonework i guess it was the south side (next to Pondsford's) was done first.

Just been down to B&Q (hey its sunday and DIY day) and i was sat in traffic under the bridge and wondered when it was singled. Looking at the bridge stonework i guess it was the south side (next to Pondsford's) was done first.

The tracks south of Sheffield Midland were reduced from Quadruple to Double on the 25th June 1972. Up to this time there were 4 tracks over London Rd at this point, the present double track bridge in the centre and a single line bridge either side. The single line decks were removed shortly afterwards.

Just the Sheffield side of Heeley Bridge the line crosses the bottom of Gleadless rd, here at least 1 of the single line bridge decks still exist, not sure about the other at the Gleadless side.

Courtesy of Google SV

Guest bus man

The one over the main A61 London Road were removed I would say around 1982 ish - the buses that I photographed on diversion were in PTE livery and the chesterfield services were green and cream - Ill see if I can find a print as it should have the date on the back.

I also have shots of the old bridge sat on the road been cut up

The tracks south of Sheffield Midland were reduced from Quadruple to Double on the 25th June 1972. Up to this time there were 4 tracks over London Rd at this point, the present double track bridge in the centre and a single line bridge either side. The single line decks were removed shortly afterwards.

Just the Sheffield side of Heeley Bridge the line crosses the bottom of Gleadless rd, here at least 1 of the single line bridge decks still exist, not sure about the other at the Gleadless side.

Courtesy of Google SV

Here is a shot that's taken looking down Gleadless Road.