1940's Street Guide

RichardB

Dixon's is in my book, no prices mind you.

Well that's why I wondered about the blitz and missing streets and houses. I can't imagine it being printed during the war either. Does it mention ration books or anything. I can remember when I used to have little coupons to get my sweets. In my book it advertises Dixons mint cubelets 6d for 4oz now that wouldn't be in a 1940s book.

Dixon's is in my book, no prices mind you.

I bet you couldn't buy 4oz either. What about the Colley estate Parson Cross I believe that was built post war ? Does it mention the war? Does it tell you where the air raid shelters are? ..... No I can't think what one question you are looking for though it must be staring you in the face.

You've hit the nail on the head there with a devastatingly simple question. "Does it mention the war ?" - well kind of ...

Need Street names to check Colley, no mention of the word "Colley" though.

I bet you couldn't buy 4oz either. What about the Colley estate Parson Cross I believe that was built post war ? Does it mention the war? Does it tell you where the air raid shelters are? ..... No I can't think what one question you are looking for though it must be staring you in the face.