Carnells Tours

s6lad

Hi. did anyone travel abroad with Carnells Tours. Me and the future bride went down to Sitges (south of Barcelona) in about 1983. It was the first time I'd been abroad.

What an experience, lovely modern double decker coaches but too far to travel. Its not good having swollen feet and ankles in your early twenties from being sat around too long. :rolleyes:

The coach back from Spain was only 2 weeks old and I remember that the company wound up not long after we returned.

Would be great these days for the hoards of people who dont like to fly.

Dont suppose any of you great people have pics of the coaches etc.

Thanks in advance

Guest transit

Hi. did anyone travel abroad with Carnells Tours ...

Dont suppose any of you great people have pics of the coaches etc.

Thanks in advance

.....maybe these may look familiar !?....

Guest transit

Fantastic Transit well done. Carnells was a Sheffield firm wasn't it?

...yes it was a Sheffield based coach firm based at Leigh St ,Attercliffe. Some interesting info here...Sheffield Forum > Sheffield > Sheffield History & Expats > Anyone remember Carnels Coaches ? (just copy and paste into google search)

Or clck here ... www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=40723&highlight=Carnels+Coaches

...yes it was a Sheffield based coach firm based at Leigh St ,Attercliffe. Some interesting info here...Sheffield Forum > Sheffield > Sheffield History & Expats > Anyone remember Carnels Coaches ? (just copy and paste into google search)

Or clck here ... www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=40723&highlight=Carnels+Coaches

Sounds like he was a nice bloke and a good company too.

Thanks again transit

I remember we were told to meet in the spotted dog bar on the first evening after arrival, but i was that knackered from the travelling we slept instead.

.....maybe these may look familiar !?....

After Carnells Tours were wound up I asked Trevor what had gone wrong. Two reasons he said, the first was misjudgment on his part, he should have carried on running Volvo`s, the Setra`s etc brought in the passengers but this was outweighed by their high running costs, the second was not of his making, the miners strike. A sad end to a good busIness and a hard working man. W/E.

Guest littlemalc

Yes, me and the family also did the trip to Sitges with Trevor Carnell, it was a fantastic hol which we all enjoyed, and for a poorly paid bus driver like me, it was affordable!

It was a great shame when the firm went bust, Trevor ended up driving for SYPTE as it was then, based at Greenland Rd along with me, I was very sorry to hear of his death, a really nice bloke.

Guest greenlandbusman

Yes, me and the family also did the trip to Sitges with Trevor Carnell, it was a fantastic hol which we all enjoyed, and for a poorly paid bus driver like me, it was affordable!

It was a great shame when the firm went bust, Trevor ended up driving for SYPTE as it was then, based at Greenland Rd along with me, I was very sorry to hear of his death, a really nice bloke.

hi littlemalc didnt know you worked at greenland i was there 79-89 the second time my number was 4255 and crewed with mighty moth graham woolhouse till i went onemanning