Sheffield co-op's

Only me

I had forgotten about this on

City Rd

Courtesy Google SV

Thats the place Stuart.

You must have wagged school dinners and gone on City Road Front with Frithy to know which building it was lol

Had a look at Manor Top shops and they have changed ownership so much I can't remember which exact shop it was any more.

Tried checking on Google Street view but see what you think.

Thats the place Stuart.

You must have wagged school dinners and gone on City Road Front with Frithy to know which building it was lol

Had a look at Manor Top shops and they have changed ownership so much I can't remember which exact shop it was any more.

Tried checking on Google Street view but see what you think.

The CO-OP at Manor Top was quite a large building if my memory serves me right. Looking at Google SV there are 2 actual buildings I think it was the building closest to the library. I do remember in the early 70's there was a cafe at the end nearest the library, always got a load of Post Office Telephone vans parking around the back.

The CO-OP at Manor Top was quite a large building if my memory serves me right. Looking at Google SV there are 2 actual buildings I think it was the building closest to the library. I do remember in the early 70's there was a cafe at the end nearest the library, always got a load of Post Office Telephone vans parking around the back.

I think the Co-Op was part of the boarded up central section between the tanning place and Fultons Foods.

The end one nearest the Library (actually the Health Centre first, then the Library), the tanning centre, was for many years Mitchells DIY and had bits of wood and timber outside. May have been a cafe at some stage though.

Between the tanning place and the Health centre is a driveway that lead down to the rear of Pete Harrisons parents house.

I think the Co-Op was part of the boarded up central section between the tanning place and Fultons Foods.

The end one nearest the Library (actually the Health Centre first, then the Library), the tanning centre, was for many years Mitchells DIY and had bits of wood and timber outside. May have been a cafe at some stage though.

Between the tanning place and the Health centre is a driveway that lead down to the rear of Pete Harrisons parents house.

The blue paintwork looks like the colour the CO-OP used around the 90's

I rememer going to the B & C with my mother and sister to help to carry the load.

I also rember how they use to weigh sugar and put it into the blue paper bags.

The Co-op in question was at the top of Gilpin Street / Infirmary Road.

I've tried to get the picture across from sheffield pictures but as soon as I come back to type

message , all is lost. I get as far as holdig down Cri and pressing c but going back to sheffield

history losers it . Help. :(

Thanks to DaveH, a then and now picture of the S&E Co-op at Morland Road, Herdings.

The part of the shop on the far right of the photo was the Co-op butchers which was run separately to the main supermarket.

The same Herdings S&E building today.

It looks like at least part of it is now a boxing club! :o

I rememer going to the B & C with my mother and sister to help to carry the load.

I also rember how they use to weigh sugar and put it into the blue paper bags.

The Co-op in question was at the top of Gilpin Street / Infirmary Road.

I've tried to get the picture across from sheffield pictures but as soon as I come back to type

message , all is lost. I get as far as holdig down Cri and pressing c but going back to sheffield

history losers it . Help.

Is this the one Mrs Uke?

history losers it . Help. :(

If you keep loosing things off the clipboard when you flip sites.

Try copying the link to a notepad txt document first.

That way it's there on the notepad to past into a post at any time.

If you keep loosing things off the clipboard when you flip sites.

Try copying the link to a notepad txt document first.

That way it's there on the notepad to past into a post at any time.

Thanks vox, will try that.

This old photo has the title 'Pitsmoor'

any ideas where abouts the B&C stood?

That's the one previously mentioned on Page Hall Rd, later became Patnick's

(Here)

Thank you Bayleaf,

I had no idea!

Excellent Photo Steve - I've never seen that. I think Page Hall was also the site of the "Pitsmoor Tram Terminus" before the line was extended up to Lane Top.

Missing S&E co-ops

Bents Green

2 stores at crookes

Park Hill Flats replaced Duke St

Brookland Avenue, Fulwood (Still open)

Dore village (Still open)

Bradwell, Derbyshire (Still open)

Constable Road, now a new store, but same location

Ecclesall Road, close to Hunters Bar

Greystones Road

Langsett Road, opposite Jacks Sasperilla bar.

Lees Hall Avenue (Still open)

Woodseats opposite farm foods now a photography studio

three more to add

Fawcett Street

Wolsley Road

Barber Rd

Perhaps someone mentioned them and I missed them, but there were two in the Ecclesfield area, one at the bottom of Barnsley Rd, opposite the end of Colley Rd., and another in Ecclesfield proper on High St. Also there was one in Wisewood at the top of Laird Rd., on Rural Lane

The Manor Park centre Co-oP is still there, just above where you picture ends

Will need to get another picture then and reclassify as still open.

There was a shop just above which was open with some shady characters going in and out

I thought it was a betting shop, - but then again this is the Manor :o

Will need to get another picture then and reclassify as still open.

There was a shop just above which was open with some shady characters going in and out

I thought it was a betting shop, - but then again this is the Manor :o

Stand corrected, picture from Google Street View

Co-Op at Manor Park Centre, still open.