Any info for George Burton

Diablo

Hiya,

I am looking for any information about a George Henry Burton, from Sheffield. I don't know much, but what I do know

is that he died in either 1967 or 68, that he married Elsie Childe in 1926 and one of their sons, another George Henry,

who died in 1966 after marrying Betty Smith at Christ Church, Darnall, in 1950.

Incidentally, Elsie Childe's brother was Jimmy Childe who ran the haulage firm, apparently!

Hiya,

I am looking for any information about a George Henry Burton, from Sheffield. I don't know much, but what I do know

is that he died in either 1967 or 68, that he married Elsie Childe in 1926 and one of their sons, another George Henry,

who died in 1966 after marrying Betty Smith at Christ Church, Darnall, in 1950.

Incidentally, Elsie Childe's brother was Jimmy Childe who ran the haulage firm, apparently!

Just to confirm your details of the marriage, Elsie Childe married George H Burton between Jul-Sep 1926

Not much, I hope others can come up with more (a bit late for my interests - sorry)

Hi, is there anymore information, even a little bit would help? Have found a family of Burton's living in the Darnall, Attercliffe area, but to be certain we really need to see George Henrys' birth certificate, have you thought of ordering it?

Best Wishes.

Hi, is there anymore information, even a little bit would help? Have found a family of Burton's living in the Darnall, Attercliffe area, but to be certain we really need to see George Henrys' birth certificate, have you thought of ordering it?

Best Wishes.

Indeed, this would be the quickest way to find out more, but, when was he born ? and when ? Nothing to say he is a local - or is there ... ?

Indeed, this would be the quickest way to find out more, but, when was he born ? and when ? Nothing to say he is a local - or is there ... ?

I meant to say marriage cert, I am having a senior moment!

My musings would point in the direction of him being born in Attercliffe 1901 and in 1911 he is living at March Street very close to his future wife Elsie, who lived at Pickering St, but this is all supposition without more info :(

Now that I am finally back online I can say that I did send off for the marriage certificate in the end.

George and Elsie were married at the Register Office on 6th September 1926, George was 19, Elsie 20 yrs old.

Many thanks to all who looked and offered help/ advice with this.

Now that I am finally back online I can say that I did send off for the marriage certificate in the end.

George and Elsie were married at the Register Office on 6th September 1926, George was 19, Elsie 20 yrs old.

Many thanks to all who looked and offered help/ advice with this.

Hi Diablo Just a little bit of info regarding a relative being related to Jimmy Child. if your Childe is the correct spelling it would appear there is a query as Jimmy's name had no 'e' on the end Cheers Skeets

Hi Skeets,

I'm not sure whether it's the same Jimmy. I do know that Elsie Childe had a brother, Jimmy, born in 1909 and he

ran some sort of haulage firm and did pretty well out of it, apparently. Have found Elsie 's surname as Childe,

Child and Childs, but as I say, I don't know much else for certain about it.