Yates

Guest saz

Hi am new to this forum. I'm trying to trace any family members by the name of Yates. Kenneth Yates, Patrick Stuart Yates. Both from chesterfield originally I think but lived in Sheffield a long time (1940's- 2000). I know they were both married although I don't know who to. Kenneth was Patrick's father. Patrick was born in 1937 and went in the army from the age of 18. He also worked on the fair when he left the army.

That's all I know

An help or info would be amazing. Thanks

Hi am new to this forum. I'm trying to trace any family members by the name of Yates. Kenneth Yates, Patrick Stuart Yates. Both from chesterfield originally I think but lived in Sheffield a long time (1940's- 2000). I know they were both married although I don't know who to. Kenneth was Patrick's father. Patrick was born in 1937 and went in the army from the age of 18. He also worked on the fair when he left the army.

That's all I know

An help or info would be amazing. Thanks

HI saz, There was a family named Yates lived on Harveyclough rd Norton Lees Sheffield , approx; from 1850 they were general haulage contractors,there was a least 2 sons one named Kenneth the other Ben l was friendly with both , Ken had a daughter forget her name, then Ben had a son [a slow learner,] Ken has been dead for a good few years now, Ben now aged about 88 was not in good health and was still living in the the same road when l came to France 6 yrs ago this is about all l can tell you l am afraid. Skeets PS there was another family Yates mineral water manufacturers but thats all l know

HI saz, There was a family named Yates lived on Harveyclough rd Norton Lees Sheffield , approx; from 1850 they were general haulage contractors,there was a least 2 sons one named Kenneth the other Ben l was friendly with both , Ken had a daughter forget her name, then Ben had a son [a slow learner,] Ken has been dead for a good few years now, Ben now aged about 88 was not in good health and was still living in the the same road when l came to France 6 yrs ago this is about all l can tell you l am afraid. Skeets PS there was another family Yates mineral water manufacturers but thats all l know

I'm hoping this should read "from 1950" Skeets, otherwise you're a lot older than I thought lol

I'm hoping this should read "from 1950" Skeets, otherwise you're a lot older than I thought lol

Ken Yates once told me his great grand father was born there so work that out lol Skeets

Ken Yates once told me his great grand father was born there so work that out lol Skeets

My eyes glaze over when I read 1950, I don't have the resources to do anything with 1950; 1850, well, now we're talking ... (possibly :rolleyes: )

Lot Yates, Shopkeeper & Coal dealer, Derbyshire Lane, Woodseats (1893)

Mrs Maria Yates, Harvey Clough Road, Woodseats (1893)

Lot Yates, Cart Owner, 64 Harvey Clough Road, Norton Woodseats (1919 & 1925)

lol

Patrick's entry in the birth index lists his mother's maiden name as BUNTING. I believe this is Kenneth's marriage:

GRO Marriage SEP Qtr 1937

Kenneth YATES

Emily BUNTING

Chesterfield 7b 2295

There are three other births besides Patrick's which are likely (but not definitely) children of this couple:

Richard H YATES SEP Qtr 1939 Chesterfield mmn BUNTING

Kenneth YATES SEP Qtr 1940 Chesterfield mmn BUNTING

Barbara YATES DEC Qtr 1942 Chesterfield mmn BUNTING

Hugh

Patrick's entry in the birth index lists his mother's maiden name as BUNTING. I believe this is Kenneth's marriage:

GRO Marriage SEP Qtr 1937

Kenneth YATES

Emily BUNTING

Chesterfield 7b 2295

There are three other births besides Patrick's which are likely (but not definitely) children of this couple:

Richard H YATES SEP Qtr 1939 Chesterfield mmn BUNTING

Kenneth YATES SEP Qtr 1940 Chesterfield mmn BUNTING

Barbara YATES DEC Qtr 1942 Chesterfield mmn BUNTING

Thanks Hugh I think you're on to something here! My dad (Patrick) was born in Chesterfield in March 1937 and I think had a younger brother called Richard, dunno about any sisters or any other brothers though.

Can I ask where you got this information? I'm basically trying to find out about my dads' life before me. I know he was married before he married my mother and want to know if I might have any brothers or sisters out there that I didn't know about.

Hi Skeets sorry don't think that's the same family. The Yates I'm looking for was from Chesterfield originally (Kenneth lived there all his life, I think).

Good to hear from you, and glad we were able to help.

I notice I failed to answer your question about sources  5 years ago; sorry about that!