Photos of Sheffield Old and New

Markbaby

we,ve been asked to extend the original six week period in the markets to ten weeks ,and we have also been given the shops on Cambridge street as the next venue directly after that.

On the strength of the excellent display in Castle Market I saw this weekend I will look forward to seeing the following display in Cambridge Street.

Thanks again jimbo55, I have really enjoyed going to look at the exhibition.

the title on the our main site ,supplied by the member who contributed that picture is:-

-Wortley Rural District Councill Steam Roller Scarifier outside Cemetery Gates Loxley Rd,1952 With Royston Copley.

on a similar theme is this one :-

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3061...p;id=1308627866

Thanks for the extra info on this one.

It's not my grandad, but he was working in 1952 doing this sort of job.

So you can appreciate what sort of memories a local picture like this can evoke.

On the strength of the excellent display in Castle Market I saw this weekend I will look forward to seeing the following display in Cambridge Street.

Thanks again jimbo55, I have really enjoyed going to look at the exhibition.

On the back of the exhibition we have been loaned an album of postcards of Sheffield which will be appearing on facebook over the next few months.Some very good old photos of pubs are to be on it, some of which I cannot find in your records.When I have found more details I will post .

On the back of the exhibition we have been loaned an album of postcards of Sheffield which will be appearing on facebook over the next few months.Some very good old photos of pubs are to be on it, some of which I cannot find in your records.When I have found more details I will post .

We look forward to that; especially the new "old" ones. Thanks in advance.

Roughly 80% of the pictures in the display have been changed for the final few weeks of the exhibition,the main additions to the display have been loaned to the group by David Ainscough,whose father Harry took some iconic pictures of sheffield in the sixties and seventies.

David has now opened a facebook site with some of these images on display.

http://www.facebook....os/144886880190

The display will be on show at the Northern General Hospital Clock Tower Gallery from Monday 24th may - Wednesday 16th June.

I also took these pictures in the entrance to the clock tower-dont know if these have been posted anywhere on the site before but i,m sure they,ll get directed to the proper place !

Apologies if this has been posted before but I noticed this today as the group responsible for these pictures currently have a very good display in an outer window of Castle House and they were advertising their Facebook web site of images and videos.

Sheffield Old and New

Apologies if this has been posted before but I noticed this today as the group responsible for these pictures currently have a very good display in an outer window of Castle House and they were advertising their Facebook web site of images and videos.

Sheffield Old and New

Or if the link doesn't work (I had to fiddle with it a bit to get it to work)

Here's how I got the link.

Sheffield Old and New

Dave

Using the Sheffield history Google Search Tool, the top one is

http://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=8063&view=findpost&p=55724

Have merged topics

Dave

Using the Sheffield history Google Search Tool, the top one is

http://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=8063&view=findpost&p=55724

Have merged topics

OK Stuart, I had a feeling it was on here somewhere buit I wasn't quite sure.