Hi from "has to get back to Sheffield (for good!)

Guest joybee

Hi all,

I found this site by accident while looking for something else. (What an original start! :rolleyes:) I studied and lived in Sheffield during the 1980's and although I visit as often as I can, (usually with echoing, bewildered voices behind me as I go up the A1, saying, "why do you always go THERE? :blink:"), I will come back and live here:

Park Hill

when Urban Splash have done their thang.

Great picture, Thanks for posting it Joybee and Welcome to the Site. Have a look around and ask a few questions, we're a friendly bunch :rolleyes:

Hi all,

I found this site by accident while looking for something else. (What an original start! :rolleyes:) I studied and lived in Sheffield during the 1980's and although I visit as often as I can, (usually with echoing, bewildered voices behind me as I go up the A1, saying, "why do you always go THERE? :blink:"), I will come back and live here:

Park Hill

when Urban Splash have done their thang.

Hi joybee and welcome to the Forum! Hope you find it interesting, and we look forward to hearing from you.

regards

Bayleaf

Great picture, Thanks for posting it Joybee and Welcome to the Site. Have a look around and ask a few questions, we're a friendly bunch :rolleyes:

Yep, it's a great picture THA KNOWS

It would look great ib that Park hill thread, or the one where Stuart0742 took some similar pictures of the "renovation work" in progress.

Yep, it's a great picture THA KNOWS

It would look great ib that Park hill thread, or the one where Stuart0742 took some similar pictures of the "renovation work" in progress.

Cheers all for the welcome. Will get onto above threads, as well as many others. Hope I can make some interesting contributions!? :)

Cheers all for the welcome. Will get onto above threads, as well as many others. Hope I can make some interesting contributions!? :)

I've been trying to reply to some threads without success. Which areas of the forum do us Newbies have access to? Totally appreciate blocks, but where can I reply etc? Thanks :blink:

I've been trying to reply to some threads without success. Which areas of the forum do us Newbies have access to? Totally appreciate blocks, but where can I reply etc? Thanks :blink:

Hi and welcome joybee,

there are no restrictions on new members

and you should be able to post in all Topics exept those that are locked.

Steve

Sometimes when you post a reply the response times can be very slow perhaps that's the problem?

As far as I am aware joybee there are no blocks on any of the topics / threads except those which have been "closed" and are cleary marked as such (I think with a padlock icon). These are mainly threads in the first topic about how the site works and what its rules and etiquette are. They are put there by admin / moderators for information and are locked because they do not need adding to or replying to.

There are certainly no blocks on newbies as we look forward to their new contributions. The whole of the forum is open to them.

In fact when I was new on here I was certainly made very welcome and encouraged to post.

Perhaps there are some technical problems?

You wouldn't be the only one to suffer from these.