Our intrepid reporters.

Waterside Echo

With apologies to the amateur bit. W/E.

Never had trouble with the police while taking any pictures for SH, - and many of them are pictures of people, their cars, their house, their property which they could legitimately complain about me taking, especially if they knew it was then going onto a public website (albeit "members only" as far as the pictures are concerned)

I know Stuart has had a bit of bother with an idiot who was up in court for harassment anyway when Stuart tried to photograph the household he had been harassing.

He also had a bit of verbal from motorists at Manor Top who didn't want photographing and thought he was trying to do them for speeding, - even though they had pulled up to shout at him.

I have had no hassle at Manor Top like this, - secret is to take the pictures early Sunday morning while the rough louts are still sleeping off their Saturday night lol

secret is to take the pictures early Sunday morning while the rough louts are still sleeping off their Saturday night lol

My secret is to park on double yellows, leave the van doors open, wear a hard hat and look official. B)

==========

Nice work W.E

I like it. :)

My secret is to park on double yellows, leave the van doors open, wear a hard hat and look official. B)

==========

Nice work W.E

I like it. :)

So is that VOX number plate legal?

Is it your own personalised number plate from the DVLA?

How much did it cost?

Have you got more money than sense? lol

I was once taking photos of Shrewsbury Hospital (if you don't know it's not a hospital)

but a listed building that use to be almshouses.

I was approached by a a community police officer who asked me "what are you taking photos of "

seemed a bit strange to me as he had watched me for a couple of minutes so he could see where I was pointing my camera.

When he asked, my first thoughts were that he had an interest in photography but no...

he started trying to provoke me with more questions !!!

I bit my tongue and answered them in a pleasant manner,

but personally I did feel tempted to give him a clip round the ear hole :o

So is that VOX number plate legal?

Is it your own personalised number plate from the DVLA?

How much did it cost?

Have you got more money than sense? lol

£500 for the van - £5,000 for the number. he he

No it's just an ordinary number really.

I've just put dozens of those yellow capped securing screws in to make it read VOX. :o

(It does annoy me when people alter their number plates)

++++++++++

I was going to buy a personalized number once - it was £1,000

I thought it was too much so instead I just changed my name by deedpole which only cost £50.

(I changed my name to W188 ACX) lol

£500 for the van - £5,000 for the number. he he

No it's just an ordinary number really.

I've just put dozens of those yellow capped securing screws in to make it read VOX. :o

(It does annoy me when people alter their number plates)

++++++++++

I was going to buy a personalized number once - it was £1,000

I thought it was too much so instead I just changed my name by deedpole which only cost £50.

(I changed my name to W188 ACX) lol

Like the worlds first go anywhere and never needs recharging all electric car car then, -

£10,000 for the car and £100,000 for a 25000 mile mains lead he he

It also annoys me when people alter their number plates.

I thought it was a legal requirement for the font, size of letters and spacing of the lettering, as well as the position the plate is actually displayed to be pretty well standardised and any "alteration" could easily be picked up and dealt with (eg a roadside £60 fine, impounding of vehicle until number plate is changed, failing of an MOT for displaying a non standard plate etc).

I also can't see the point of legalised "customised" number plates. The people who have them must be really sad and can't have much of a life. Often it just makes them look idiots.

The DVLC do screen out certain number plates which are legitimate combinations but which may spell out offensive words.

SEX 1 E is apparently in use, - needless to say owned by a lady driver with a high opinion of herself.

In 1978 the number plate PEN 1 S slipped through the net, - would you want to be seen driving about with that plate ?:o

More recently using the current system I have suggested that the 2005 -6 plate TO 55 ERS would suit many drivers lol