Wanted Middlewood Hospital Pictures

Guest luis

Images of Middlewood Hospital Wanted

An on-line project depicting this Victorian Asylum right up to its end.

Did you work or visited this former hospital?

A photographic appeal to all those who may have pictures showing this historic 19th century Asylum. Visual material showing work life, may be your retiring celebration or a special occasion that took place within the grounds of the hospital. Did you trained here? Even family photos taken on the wards etc. Images showing the last few years of this hospital when derelict. The interior of the Church too. Do you have an old copy of the Middlewood magazine?

The hospital was also used during the first and second world war for the wounded soldiers. Many photos were taken during this time. Do you have such images?

Anything that can help the Middlewood hospital project would be very much appreciated.

See the progress of this project by visiting www.rotherham-images.co.uk and click on the

'Middlewood hospital' link.

There are already several hundreds pictures and illustrations ready for viewing on the site

Did you work or visited this former hospital?

A photographic appeal to all those who may have pictures showing this historic 19th century Asylum. Visual material showing work life, may be your retiring celebration or a special occasion that took place within the grounds of the hospital. Did you trained here? Even family photos taken on the wards etc. Images showing the last few years of this hospital when derelict. The interior of the Church too. Do you have an old copy of the ’Contact’ Middlewood magazine?

The hospital was also used during the first and second world war for the wounded soldiers. Many photos were taken during this time. Do you have such images?

Anything that can help the Middlewood hospital project would be very much appreciated.

My contact details are Luis Arroyo 01709 559764 or e-mail: luis@rotherham-images.co.uk

See the progress of this project by visiting www.rotherham-images.co.uk

and click on the ’Middlewood hospital’ link.

Full contact details also on the hospital project.

Had a look on Luis' site and its fantastic. I've lived on the estate since 2002 and have been curious as to how the old place used to be. Well worth a look and please Luis keep up the good work.

One of the pics shows an ariel veiw and unfortunately the site of my house is just off picture, down the side of Northwood behind the now Ambulance Station.

Not sure that it's what you are looking for but here are pictures of the X ray room just after it's new equipment installation in about 1965.

The Kingsway dental unit is much older.

:rolleyes: Thank you so much for those lovely pictures. Was there a dental room in the Kingswood building of Middlewood hospital. It's just that I am not sure if there was one. Any more info about the photos? Many thanks

Not sure that it's what you are looking for but here are pictures of the X ray room just after it's new equipment installation in about 1965.

The Kingsway dental unit is much older.

:rolleyes: Thank you so much for those lovely pictures. Was there a dental room in the Kingswood building of Middlewood hospital. It's just that I am not sure if there was one. Any more info about the photos? Many thanks

Sorry if I confused you, the dental unit had a trade name "Kingsway" The X ray department was in a separate building on the Hillsborough side of the hospital. Also Warncliffe Hospital also had it's own X ray department further up the hill.

jiginc

Guest nosy nellie

There was a dental unit on the same corridor as the Domestic office, off the main corridor through the swing doors first door on your left.

Guest nosy nellie

Good photos tdh.

But what a shame the fantastic buildings and grounds were decimated like that to build houses.

Hello and thank you for responding to my appeal but i cannot open or download the item. Could you try again please. Thank you

Hello and thank you for responding to my appeal but i cannot open or download the item. Could you try again please. Thank you

Temporary problem with links Luis, hopefully sorted soon. (If not please PM me).