Maximillions

RichardB

Is this mentioned on here ? Saw a 1970 band here in 1980 (that's 1970 spot on, not "1970's"); Ginger Baker was meant to be doing drumming duties for them, but left the band the day before; the next band he joined were playing the City Hall the same day - he was rumoured to be doing both Gigs - any ideas ?

Guest Dinno_Paul

I only went to Maximillions a couple of times,both being in the mid-80's.

I remember it being quite small inside but it didn't matter,we managed to get in although we weren't 18 yet :)

I seem to remember it was the first time i heard Go West's 'We Close our Eyes' in there?

Only went there 'cos we had trouble getting into Rome and Juliets,mainly because we did look our age and because i told the Bouncers i was from Dinnington when they asked.

From then on we always said Todwick and we seemed to get in no problems from then on.

Of course when we were 18 and could verify with our birth certificates,it was no longer a problem ;-)

Guest 30_degrees

Is this mentioned on here ? Saw a 1970 band here in 1980 (that's 1970 spot on, not "1970's"); Ginger Baker was meant to be doing drumming duties for them, but left the band the day before; the next band he joined were playing the City Hall the same day - he was rumoured to be doing both Gigs - any ideas ?

I don't remember the gig because I was working at Coles during the day and The Yorkshire Man's Arms after I left until chucking out time. I do remember though, seeing Max in the club from time to time. Little fella and if he's watching telly these days, he can get a good price for all the bling he used to wear on a night out lol

Guest AussieGirl

I remember when maximillions opened I was over from Australia and started working there had to wear thaws terrible pink French maids outfits great staff it was a experience also remember josephines ted the Italian and Robbie Sheffield was some city back in the late 70s early 80s

Maximillions, Maximillions, makes you feel like a million!

So went the Radio Hallam advert.

A lot of thought must have gone into that!