Pitsmoor 1935 to 1960

Guest stockton street

Guest stockton street

Hello

I am trying to locate anyone who went to Pyebank school between 1940 & 1950 and burngreave school, i lived in pitsmoor from 1935 to 1960 and would love to hear from anyone who lived in or knew of anyone who lived in or around the Stockton street & Nottingham street during this period! I lived with my folks and Brother John, Roy and sisters Madge, Dorothy and Betty. We played in and knew Pitmoor very well and all the streets and surrounding areas, if anyone knew of Derek Dooley at the time my brother John BLAKE kept him out of the school football team age 16, does anyone remember this time, when you would fetch fish and chips for the whole street and make a few coins, when you used to see a man on a street corner about placing a small horse racing bet for your father, all the toilets were outside, during the blitz we used to run out of the house to ht enearest neighbour who had a bomb shelter, down there for hours we were! Roy still lives in pitsmoor now! anyone remember the fine side that Wednesday used to have with a forward line of Quixall froggatt and swan?

Theres a taster, would love to hear from anyone who remembers/lived during this era, it would be a miracale if you remembered me?

Cheers Des.

Hello

I am trying to locate anyone who went to Pyebank school between 1940 & 1950 and burngreave school, i lived in pitsmoor from 1935 to 1960 and would love to hear from anyone who lived in or knew of anyone who lived in or around the Stockton street & Nottingham street during this period! I lived with my folks and Brother John, Roy and sisters Madge, Dorothy and Betty. We played in and knew Pitmoor very well and all the streets and surrounding areas, if anyone knew of Derek Dooley at the time my brother John BLAKE kept him out of the school football team age 16, does anyone remember this time, when you would fetch fish and chips for the whole street and make a few coins, when you used to see a man on a street corner about placing a small horse racing bet for your father, all the toilets were outside, during the blitz we used to run out of the house to ht enearest neighbour who had a bomb shelter, down there for hours we were! Roy still lives in pitsmoor now! anyone remember the fine side that Wednesday used to have with a forward line of Quixall froggatt and swan?

Theres a taster, would love to hear from anyone who remembers/lived during this era, it would be a miracale if you remembered me?

Cheers Des.

Hi Des. My missis lived on Spital Lane and was a McVeigh, I did not live around there but worked at Bentley Bros in the Wicker. As a child I also went to Lopham Street chapel for a number of years. Did you ever go to Mr Poole the dentist on Spital Hill ? he retired around the early 60s and then a Mr Bowman took over. W/E.