Happy Birthday carlie167

SteveHB

Guest carlie167

*Happy Birthday* Carlie,

hope its a goodun

:)

Cheers SteveHB, now I'm officially a pensioner :( and work is over, freedom awaits. :P

Cheers SteveHB, now I'm officially a pensioner :( and work is over, freedom awaits. :P

Happy Birthday Carlie, and welcome to the World of Leisure! I've been retired a few years now, and if my experience is anything to go by, you'll be busier than ever. The thing is, you can be busy just doing the things you enjoy! (Well, most of the time!) Have a long and happy retirement. lol

Guest carlie167

Happy Birthday Carlie, and welcome to the World of Leisure! I've been retired a few years now, and if my experience is anything to go by, you'll be busier than ever. The thing is, you can be busy just doing the things you enjoy! (Well, most of the time!) Have a long and happy retirement. lol

Thanks Bayleaf, I think thats the thing I'm looking to the most, just having the time to spend doing my own things and not thinking I ought to be getting ready for work.

There are lots of hobbies and interests I want to get around to, and now I have no excuse!

I have lost count of the number of people who have said "But what will you do all day?. Won't you be bored?"

Er, no!! :):) :)

Thanks Bayleaf, I think thats the thing I'm looking to the most, just having the time to spend doing my own things and not thinking I ought to be getting ready for work.

There are lots of hobbies and interests I want to get around to, and now I have no excuse!

I have lost count of the number of people who have said "But what will you do all day?. Won't you be bored?"

Er, no!! :):):)

I'm sure you wont.Shortly after I retired I met my old boss who'd been retired some time. He gave me one piece of advice I've found very good, that's always go to bed at night knowing at least one thing you must do tomorrow.

Guest carlie167

I'm sure you wont.Shortly after I retired I met my old boss who'd been retired some time. He gave me one piece of advice I've found very good, that's always go to bed at night knowing at least one thing you must do tomorrow.

Hey, thats very good. It must be so easy to drift through each day and at the end of it you've done nothing that you meant to do.

I will bear that in mind.

Now then tomorrow I must go for my bus pass! he hehe he he he

Thanks to my fellow forumers for all your good wishes. :):):)

You should schedule a Birthday in every Season, make you very popular indeed lol

By 2035 you could be a couple of hundred years old !

Guest carlie167

You should schedule a Birthday in every Season, make you very popular indeed lol

By 2035 you could be a couple of hundred years old !

Instead of just feeling it he he

Instead of just feeling it he he

Hey Carlie its nearly 9 o'clock at night on your birthday, you have retired from work so don't need to be early in the morning.

So why aren't you out celebrating and making the most of it ;-)

Guest carlie167

Hey Carlie its nearly 9 o'clock at night on your birthday, you have retired from work so don't need to be early in the morning.

So why aren't you out celebrating and making the most of it ;-)

Had my combined birthday and retirement party on Friday, ;-) Oh boy, couldn't face a repeat! .

So just having a nice evening chillin' and browsin' B)

No thanks It's a bit late for me - -----

I started four hours ago ..

I want one of those magically refilling beer glasses ( a real one rather than an animation, please) :wacko:

Hope you haven't been drinking at that speed - about 5 seconds per glass lol

I want one of those magically refilling beer glasses ( a real one rather than an animation, please) :wacko:

Hope you haven't been drinking at that speed - about 5 seconds per glass lol

A pint every 5 seconds for 4 hours, whats that, 2880 pints, or if you prefer 360 gallons :blink:

A pint every 5 seconds for 4 hours, whats that, 2880 pints, or if you prefer 360 gallons :blink:

looks a bit like Guiness to me, I know what a lot Guiness does to me

looks a bit like Guiness to me, I know what a lot Guiness does to me

If it's Guiness then 360 Gallons is a fair bit of water out of the River Liffey

Would keep us going for a while if we won that amount in a boozer quiz ;-)

If it's Guiness then 360 Gallons is a fair bit of water out of the River Liffey

Would keep us going for a while if we won that amount in a boozer quiz ;-)

360 gallons, - that's 10 standard barrels

and by a barrel I mean the measure not the object.

Many so called "barrels" are actually "Firkins" or "Kilderkins" which hold less than the "barrel" even though they look the same (but smaller)

Now a "hogshead", - that hold more than a barrel ;-)

Try this for mathematical size Dave.

In 1400, a gallon of ale was not the same as a gallon of wine. A standard hogshead contained 63 wine-gallons or 52.5 ale-gallons.

Except there was no standard hogshead. There was a standard for wine, another for ale, and another for beer (which was imported). If you were buying beer in London, a hogshead was 54 ale-gallons, but only 48 ale-gallons if it was ale.

Got that? Right, whose round is it? :blink:

Try this for mathematical size Dave.

In 1400, a gallon of ale was not the same as a gallon of wine. A standard hogshead contained 63 wine-gallons or 52.5 ale-gallons.

Except there was no standard hogshead. There was a standard for wine, another for ale, and another for beer (which was imported). If you were buying beer in London, a hogshead was 54 ale-gallons, but only 48 ale-gallons if it was ale.

Got that? Right, whose round is it? :blink:

Thing is Bayleaf,

We start trying to work out how much is in a hogshead by counting the pints off as we drink them and eventually we sort of start to forget things and lose count :huh:

Eventually we even start to forget what we had started doing in the first place :unsure:

Me and Stuart have tried it several times with the same result :o

Strange really as we are really quite good at maths and counting drinks as you drink them shouldn't really be that difficult ;-)